Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Deluge
Casual Contributor

not sure what to do

It's funny, I didn't even know I had an account here but after spending the last few days looking for mental health resources I found these forums, again I suppose. 

I'm really not sure what to do, or where to start with finding support anymore

I used to be in and out of hospital and on a treatment plan but after some bad experiences I learned to kind of self manage, but it's getting too difficult again

My sleep is awful, I'm anxious and not eating, and the noise in my head is getting louder

I never realised how good a distraction my crappy little part time job was until like many others recently I'm unemployed and alone in my head again

I don't even know what I'm looking for now but I don't want to make this post any longer

2 REPLIES 2

Re: not sure what to do

hey @Deluge, just wanted to welcome you back to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough time at the moment. I hope you find what you're looking for here in terms of support, and know that we are always around if you need as well.

Re: not sure what to do

Hi @Deluge , thanks for posting. 

@Deluge wrote:

My sleep is awful, I'm anxious and not eating, and the noise in my head is getting louder

I can really relate to this. Anxiety really sucks.

I'm also sorry to hear that you've had some bad experiences with mental health treatment in the past. 

@Deluge wrote:

I'm really not sure what to do, or where to start with finding support anymore

I am wondering if you have a supportive GP? It sounds like you might no longer have any meds or a counsellor... Your GP can refer you for up to 10 subsidised sessions with a psychologist per year, plus medication if they think it's needed. Would you feel able to do this?

I hope you will find yourself some professional support, to help you through at this time. It can take time to find the right support, but it's worth it. 

A handy forum tip is to type @ and then click on a member's name in the drop-down box - that way they'll get a notification that you've replied to them. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance