Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: feel like my mind is swaying if that makes sense

@Maggie  Thanks hunny greatly appreciated. You are a good friend to the pea. xxx:)

@greenpea  You are a good friend to me also. 💚💚🐰🐰

Some more clips on Saturday thread last night @greenpea

Love you pea 💚💚
@greenpea hope you're ok.

@The-red-centaur  I love you too sweetheart and thank you for your kind wishes. Means alot to the peaxxx

@greenpea No I have not told pdoc.  DO you remember an ad with lots of busy city scenes with threads to big and little squares floating in the air above people?  I have always felt like that. Always had a lot on my mind, then a lot of studying, then taking research to "understand" and get things straight in my head.  Just the way I am wired.

At one stage I rested my head and neck.  I had to put my head on pillow during the day, tho it felt lazy.  I did that for quite a few years, getting up when I needed to get things done, cook, teach, garden, sing etc.  I dont think I would be as cheerful these days, if I had not done that. Somehow things sorted themselves out in my psyche. I was less frenetic and SH reduced and I began to be able to think more genty again. Tho it comes and goes. The weight on my head and neck felt huge, but it all seemed too mad to talk to anyone about.  I was wobbly on my feet too.  Needed to hold on to all handrails etc tho I was just in late 40s 50s.  I am much better now, physically and emotionally for taking that time out.

Go Gently with yourself.  It is great that you are studying.  Tbh I did a course at that time and did most of my reading flat on my back with book in the air.  Getting vertical to go into classes on public transport in the city. Teaching was moving from one room to the other, students came to my door, and I love it and could be vivacious and enthusiastic, then went to bed again.  Lots of nanna naps.

@Appleblossom  I have put my studies on hold till next semester as I wasnt absorbing the material after my amnesia episode. Nothing complex was sinking in or being retained. I thought I would wait till after my tests and see what they come up with.The neurologist tried to get me to walk a straight line toe to toe and I kept falling over. 

@greenpea 

It is good you have qualified health support from a range of angles. We need to recognise out limits.

Sometimes we push ourselves too hard, and it is really not sensible for long term functioning.  I was frightened of stepping onto the train and did it very slowly and carefully.  Cos I thought I might fall through the gap! I am glad I did that study, I needed to get out of the house, and to show my son, with all his school refusal, that mum had deadlines and teachers etc.  I showed him the library etc.  It took longer than normal and I had to get a disability extensions, but it gave me a positive, part time goal for 3 years, and I finished it.

Often I put the book in front of my face and could not take a thing in.  Had to re read things a lot etc, but doing nothing would have been worse.  Its just the way I am, my grandfather built his house, then renovated it for my mother even though he was not well at the end of his life.  Little projects help life unfold, its about picking the ones that will do the best for you over time.  We cant control a lot, but working within that area that we can control is liberating.  I do not beat myself up about taking long for a task. I knew I was battling against the odds.

The only course I have not completed, was a small business course, where the teacher was telling me I had to time everything, and it just got up my nose.  Partly also I was often interrupted being a mum and all that.  Guys need to get Real.

@Appleblossom  Good morning Apple what an inspiration you are to the pea :). Just when I was feeling really down I read your story and it makes me feel I can do this. I can study again.Thank you for telling me. Maybe that last 'teacher' has retired or moved on and you can finish off your studies now. Love peaHeart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance