Skip to main content

Re: Winter solstice

All done ✔️ @Jynx 😁

Well done @Patches59 😊

How has your day been @Dimity 😊

@Shaz51 hooray! Suits you! And then if someone is struggling, you can say, 'Don't worry, OWL be there for you!!' 😝🤣

Yeah they're a rare sight @Dimity, I think doubly so in Australia cos we have fewer owl species - and the main one, the tawny frogmouth, is an expert in camoflage!! 

Would you ever go to like a bird of prey show or something at the zoo? That's a perfect way of getting up close and personal to owls!! I once got to pat a snowy owl, AND had a wedge-tailed eagle land on my arm (I was wearing a big falconers glove, don't worry!!) whilst at a bird show, very much worth going to one!!

I had a very lazy day @Shaz51 . Late in the day when it stopped raining I went for a  walk. I just tossed out some  old photocopies - another 27 fling boogie. 

Very cold here, BOM says it feels like 3.3 degrees outside.

@Jynx when my parents lived in the hills they had a powerful owl once in a tree dangling a possum from its talons... it's good to know they're there,  I'm not sure I'd go to see them in captivity

Oh wow that would've been quite a sight!!

Very understandable @Dimity I haven't been to a zoo myself in a long time for a similar reason I think... they always make me just a little bit sad. I think we do have really good quality zoos over here, like I went to Australia Zoo (where the Irwin family do heaps of work) and was pretty impressed with what they do for both the animals they care for, and with their conservation efforts in the wild. 

Anyway rant over! Haha. Perhaps a wise owl will come visit you one day (might even be @Shaz51 hehe). 

Ohh yes @Jynx , @Dimity 

No night owl here , goodnight 😊

Rest well @Shaz51, hope your Sunday is a hoot 🦉😋💜

Good night @Shaz51 

@Jynx Melb zoo seem to do some good conservation work.  

Love the owl riff.

Hope you're okay @Patches59 ...

Thinking of you.