Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Stuff going wrong

NYE for me this year is about trying to put the year behind me and looking forward instead of back as I usually do. I hope you can have much better days to come @TheVorticon - that is my wish for everyone here. 

I wish I knew how to let go of the desire for human connection and support in all its forms. Some people such as myself are just built wrongly and are meant to handle things alone, and especially to not have close friendships.  It may seem sad from some perspectives but it's just how it is, and it is ok. Someday it will feel ok too. 

You are not built wrongly @TheVorticon - we are all different and want and need different things in life. You can have human connection and want to be on your own at the same time - and neither is wrong or abnormal - some people need to be around people all the time and some like their own space - both are what works best for the individual. You are indeed having some of that human connection on here and that is a good thing - you seek support when you need it also. 

It's not good that I'm on here though. It's one more thing I need to let go of.

I would really hate to see you go from here @TheVorticon and I like to see you around. 

If you need support I am here for you though buddy - you deserve that support as muchas anyone here but I understand you need to do what is right for you too. Please feel free to tag me if you need though - only too happy to be here for you Smiley Very Happy

I dunno what I need @Zoe7 it's too conflicting and confusing. 😞

That does sound like a hard place to be at present @TheVorticon Here for you though buddy and more than happy to be so if you need to chat - or if you just need to feel that connection.

I was watching an episode of The Big Bang Theory the other night where SHeldon and Amy have their honeymoon at Legoland - I immediately thought of you - you would be like a kid in a candy store visiting there too I suspect Smiley Tongue

IDK why I'm feeling sad today. I wish it would just go away. I hate sad feelings and its always a challenge not to make it worse. 

Some days are just like that @TheVorticon and there seems no reason for it - some days like this one are just days you have to get through buddy - that is what I have found when I can't find a reason that I am feeling sad. Hope you can find some things to make you smile today @TheVorticon

I guess so @Zoe7. I'm just not good at having these sorts of feelings while still getting stuff done. It's too hard not to judge the feeling and get angry with myself for having it.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance