Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Sick and Sad

No problem at all @SpiderLady! I just gave Cabaret Voltaire a quick listen and it's like 80s industrial. Will have to give their discography a listen too. I love being introduced to new music/bands. If you like industrial music I would recommend anesthetic perfection and angel spit. If you have any other recommendations I would love to hear them, even if it is a different genre. I love a wide mix of music so would love to hear what you listen to.

I'm glad you found out the cause of your headaches. It is amazing how medication can have those weird side effects

Also it is great that you are feeling better 😊

Hi @Maggie ,

Thankyou for your support and validation of my complex issues. I feel for you with your complex issues too. I am seeing a very good psychologist now, who is helping me understand why so many bad things happened to me throughout my life and also to learn that none of it is my fault. It's so hard to remember that, I am used to being told that I'm the one in the wrong. I have some OA but I also have a shoulder injury from a long time ago which radiates pain up my neck, down my arm and back. I find it very difficult to get comfortable in any position, so I tend to move around a lot. I rarely sit at the computer for very long. Anyway, it's lovely to chat with you. Hope that you have an enjoyable long weekend. I plan to keep resting as much as I can. I sat in the sun on two occasions today, for quite a while, listening to music. I am starting to feel less flu-sick, at last. Take care.

Hey @Blep ,

Thankyou so much for the music suggestions. I am listening to Angelspit right now and loving it. I had a quick listen to Aesthetic Perfection too, they are next on my shopping list of music. I, like you, love being introduced to new music and also have a quite varied taste. I do have some ideas for you. When I was buying Cabaret Voltaire, another suggestion was Einsturzende Neubauten. I bought their Greatest Hits and love it. Quite slow in beat, but very unusual. Most is sung in what I assume is German, so I have no idea what they are saying, but it sounds good. There was one song that stuck in my memory. It was called "Garden" or "In The Garden". One of my favourite Cabaret Voltaire tracks is "Do The Snake", if you haven't heard that one yet, give it a go. I've also been listening to Bauhaus, with their famous song "Bela Lugosi's Dead". An album that I bought earlier this year, that I play quite often is "I Disagree" by Poppy a combination of a sort of pop voice with dark lyrics and heavy metal music. As proof that I listen to other genres, Sofi Tukker is a regular morning favourite of mine, something that you would hear is a night club. Her song "Good Time Girl" is the title music to "The New Pope" TV series that was on SBS with John Malkovich and Jude Law. I'm not Catholic but I did really enjoy that series, watched it all on On Demand. The soundtrack is amazing! Sofi Tukker also had a song on the "Birds of Prey" soundtrack.

Well I hope that keeps you occupied for awhile and that you find some new music that you like. Getting sore from sitting still, my chronic pain, so I will finish for now. Hope your long weekend is a good one. Take care.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance