Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Riding a wave

OH GOSH hi there little fish, I didn't even see the little green guy !

That wave you posted is very big, I hope you are doing okay on it and it settles, how is it all going? ❤️

@Lunar wrote:

OH GOSH hi there little fish, I didn't even see the little green guy !

That wave you posted is very big, I hope you are doing okay on it and it settles, how is it all going? ❤️

@Lunar Still afloat...and it made me giggle that you didn't notice the large fish just under your tummy. Yes, I really am aspie with that obnoxious wonderful attention to detail that everyone loves makes people want to strangle me in the real world. Smiley Happy

Heya @Phoenix_Rising,

I'm here too! Ready to splash about in the waves with you if you're still around the Forums tonight. 

snorking pup.jpg

Hi @CherryBomb, I came to report in to @Lunar, @NikNik et al. that the waves had settled - as they always do...and here you are! Splashing around in calm waters with you sounds like fun. I will be around this evening...but only until 9pm...because that's my new forum curfew time...except on Fridays. Smiley Happy

floating turtle calm water.jpg

Glad to hear the waters have calmed down. Not sure how my doggy paddling would have gone in rough waters! 

Hi @CherryBomb,

Turtles who play with fire, should expect to get burned - silly turtle! Smiley Frustrated So..."the thing" that made my big feelings get big today was the stuff that I posted on the thread "hospital experiences." And so what did I just do? I went back to see what had been added to the thread since I posted. Derrrrrrrr!!!! No prizes for guessing how I feel now!

@CherryBomb, how can the public mental health system still be so awful in 2017??? Why hasn't it changed more in the twenty years since my first admission? How is there ever supposed to be a reduction in stigma when psychiatric patients ARE treated differently to patients in any other ward? People SHOULD be afraid of getting locked up in a psych ward...especially if they have BPD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to talk out what's in my head, but I think it is making the feelings bigger rather than less.

I don't experience flashbacks regarding the actual abuse stuff that was the genesis of my muddle - I experience flashbacks and intense trauma reactions regarding my experiences IN THE HOSPITAL!!!!!!! How is that ok??? If I could have found a you or a @Lunar or a @NikNik way back then, I would be in such a different space by now. If I could have had someone sit with me in my big feelings rather than shame me for them, lock me in an isolation room for them, or forcibly medicate me for them, I would be in SUCH a different space.

And...now I'm crying...a lot...so it is just as well you have that snorkel on because if you keep sitting beside me, we may both be under water very soon.

Sorry to hear that you're getting washed back out @Phoenix_Rising.

I can sit on the shore drawing a random maze in the sand while you're surfing it again, if you'd like.

Oh @Phoenix_Rising,

It's ok, I got a scuba diving pack too for really rough waters so I'm right here with you. 

Yes, the mental health system has a long way too go. You're not alone with having a terrible and traumatic experience at a hospital. 

Want to come explore under water with me while the waves thrash about? I'm also happy to get out my surfboard too if you want to ride the wave. Smiley Wink

scuba diving dog.jpg

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @Phoenix_Rising - i started writing my story and have myself as being on a little boat (or maybe I am the little boat - haven't decided yet) in a huge ocean. I'll sail alongside you for a while if it you'd like, too.

@TheVorticon A random maze in the sand sounds very cool. Do you reckon you could line it with shells???

@CherryBomb...ok...yes, we could go and explore under water. I've never really done that because I have always surfed the waves (Marsha Linehan talks about letting the waves wash over you - it isn't an original image on my part Smiley Happy). However, @Lunar saw some cool starfish while I was riding the giant waves earlier today so yes, I think an exploration of the deep may be a good idea. This is called ocean-themed distraction as opposed to ocean-themed sitting with the big feelings. Oh I could so re-write the entire DBT skills training manual to make it turtle-specific Smiley Happy {Takes a big breath and dives under the waves to see what she can find...}.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance