Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Newby
Contributor

Psychiatrist is away. I’m struggling what to do?

I don't want to go to a new psych, my husband thinks I need to go back to hospital and I agree. I don't feel right. I don't want to see a new psych while mine is away on holidays. I feel helpless

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Psychiatrist is away. I’m struggling what to do?

I feel that I am too fragile at the moment to go through all my stuff again. I also don’t know what to tell work if I have to go into hospital for a few weeks

Hi @Newby ...sorry to hear you're struggling so much. 

I understand the dread of having to go through everything with a new therapist. 

Would you have to tell work the reason you need a few weeks off? I mean, could you just present a medical certificate from a doctor? (I'm not sure what's possible)

If I need to go to hospital when my normal Psychiatrist is away there is usually another Psychiatrist who covers for them. They are able to gather information and continue support .This is what happens at the private hospital I go to.  I don't know about the public system as I only ever used in once and was only in for a couple of days before I transferred to the private system.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance