Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

AngelB
Contributor

Not myself

I have a psychotic disorder and have gone downhill fast these last two weeks. I have increased my medication to a level who i can think clearer and be calm but it either makes me alert or sleepy. Due to being in this horrible state, i had to take leave from work but due to return on Monday. I still don't feel right, i feel stuck in this hole. I really don't know how to get out of it and back to feeling ok again. I cant let work know there is anything wrong in fear of losing job. Thinking maybe, decrease medication back to normal amount.  Any suggestions. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Not myself

Tough one but obvious to employer if affected ......do you have a good psychiatrist

@AngelB  Hi there. I’m really sorry things are difficult for you at the moment.

Personally, I think it would be wise to check with your psyc or GP before increasing or decreasing meds. I know you are returning to work tomorrow, so the possibility of doing that might be out of the question.

Is there any chance of getting more time off work , to try and feel more stable?

I hope things improve for you.

@Maggie thanks for advice. Will stay on current meds for time been. I do have to return to work this week, but i have holidays coming. I'll seek guidence from dr. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance