Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Need a little help tonight

@Zoe7  I’m completely switched on but starting to feel like my heads in a vice.  I’ll take some pain killers when mum goes to bed, they should knock me out.

hi @Razzle 

I wish you every success with getting a good night's sleep tonight. Feeling that your head is in a vice sounds most unpleasant. But please be very cautious with taking pain killers for this purpose, even if you have done it before, because it can be risky.  We cannot recommend it.  

Whitehawk

I'll sit with you until then Hon. Have had that feeling this week with my cold - it is horrible to be feeling that way so hope the pain killers help @Razzle 

Been watching a show I recorded last night - nearly finished and getting interesting. My fur babies have had their night biscuits and Toby has been out to the toilet so we are all winding down for bed too. How much longer do you think your mum will be up?

@Whitehawk   I get migraines and have prescription pain killers.  I’m allowed 2 tabs at a time (8 total for the day) but only ever take one because they make me too drowsy the next day.  I’m not on any other meds.  I understand you don’t recommend it but

if I dont knock it on the head now I’m in for a full blown migraine.

@Zoe7  She usually heads to bed around 9, I won’t be far behind her even if I’m just staring at the ceiling.  At least I’ll be in the dark and quiet

Hi @Razzle 

Thanks for clarifying that for me. I can see that your medication management is in very safe hands. i hope you are able to get some relief.

cheers

Whitehawk

I have taken my night meds @Razzle but they usually take a while to work so can sit with you until you can head to bed yourself. Do you still need to have a light on at night for your mum if she wakes up? Hope that isn't too bright for you if you do?

My little fur ball has just played bitey bitey with my feet - he rolls around on his back and grabs my feet with his teeth and front paws - it really is cute as he is just playing. He often does laps of the loungeroom too going a hundred miles an hour - tonight he just played bitey bitey and then layed down on the couch - sound asleep now Smiley Very Happy

@Zoe7   I leave a light on for her but I can close my door over a bit to block the light.

Im sure you have mentioned what type of dog you have but I can’t remember what it was.  He sounds awesome.  I used to have a golden cocker spaniel when I was a kid, she was mums dog but she slept on my bed.  She loved the electric blanket on my bed and she’d wiggle until she was dead centre of the

bed and I would be pinned against the

cold wall.  Clearly she was smarter than I was.

We only have working dogs on the farm, my husband gets asthma and the dog hair doesn’t help that, so no dogs inside.

Great about the light and being able to close your door @Razzle That should help keep it relatively dark for you 👍

Toby is a Maltese Shih Tzu - all white - but he is a lighter shade of grey right now and sawdust everywhere in his fur. He was helping me cut the fence palings this afternoon lol (he is a great suoervisor Smiley Tongue) so was sitting in sawdust. I desperately need to give him a bath and a haircut - maybe do that this weekend.

We used to have a golden cocker spaniel when I was a kid too. He was really mum's dog as well. He always slept outside but he had his own little house out the back with a kennel inside it so was warm even in the colder weather. He was a beautiful dog too.

@Zoe7   I’d almost forgotten about the bird houses.  How did they go?

I used to love giving our cocker spaniel a bath.  She’d run around madly afterward trying to dry off, and then she’d sit up loving the hair drier.  She was a great dog.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance