Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Misdiagnosis?

@Alacarte  then I really wish you wel Alacarte :). Will you be having help with a understanding psychiatrist or psychologist ? somene to help you on yuor medication free journey.

@Alacarte  Hey Alacarte are you still drinking litres of water?

No @TAB i don't feel that coming on. My head has been read enough already 😊

@greenpea ayes I am. Can't seem to shake it

@Alacarte  in this heat it is not a bad thing. I have been drinking tons of water too.

Ah okay lol @Alacarte

Hi @rockypug  love your name btw 🙂

Almost forgot @greenpea before I went to bed. Good night and thanks for the advice. You too @TAB   

@Alacarte  nice to hear from you Alacarte. Was wondering how you were going. dont be a stranger and let us know how you are going with your journey. Love peax

@Alacarte @greenpea  hello sorry I am so late to reply it is a busy time of year. 

It is completely possible to be misdiagnosed with a mental illness, especially with illness like schizoaffective disorder as it actually requires multiple episodes to be able to be diagnosed so if your diagnosis came from a one off with a psychiatrist you didn’t see often then it is often a good idea to get a second opinion. @Alacarte  You also mentioned alcohol was a large problem for you. Alcohol use can lead to many things including brain damage and it is not really possible to get a reliable diagnosis when drugs and alcohol are regularly on board as they can be the cause of many symptoms. 

I have had a huge improvement OFF meds. While it has taken a huge amount of effort and work on my part I wouldn’t go back on them being on them is one of my biggest regrets. Of course be safe but if you are doing and feeling better off meds then there is nothing wrong with not being on them meds aren’t for everyone. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance