Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I can’t cope

Sorry it’s so hard to go to the shed @Glisten

@tyme are you still around? 

I know my stuff is only trivial compared to others. But it feels like a lot to me. 

Every time I turn a corner there is another piece of me that isn’t normal. I’m trying to work out who I am and where I belong but it’s just one challenge after another. 

A part of myself and religious beliefs don’t match. 

I have an out of control ED 

I have lost confidence in myself.

I don’t know who I am

Nothing fits society ‘norm’

Im really badly struggling tonight. I am too abnormal to belong any where. 

I’m sitting here crying. Wishing everything was different. Wishing I was different. Wishing life was so much easier. Wishing that maybe there could be no life. Wishing that the sun doesn’t rise in the morning. Wishing it was the end. 

@Captain24 how long until your bestie comes back to town?

Hey @Captain24  im not sure what I have to share will be of any help…. Not fully sure what exactly I have to share to start with. Just a whole heap of random thoughts I think.

firstly figuring out who you are is really important. It impacts so many different parts of our lives, so of course it’s really important and you shouldn’t consider it any less important than what others are dealing with. 

im a Christian and I’ve had my own battles with sexuality and my faith. Not because it’s something that I’ve personally questioned myself, but because I know a lot of Christian’s, really important relationships to me, whom it has directly impacted in their family and I have watched them walk through that journey with so much grace towards their children. I’ve watched their children walk away from their faith because of their choices in their sexuality. 
you have some Christians who are very judgmental, very verbal and push people away. I don’t believe that’s how God wants us to treat people. 
I recently had a conversation with my D. There was a lot of rainbows in the city for pride month and my D was confused by them, so I took it as an opportunity to explain what it meant, I had a brief conversation around it but end by reminding her that we treat all people with respect and love and that some people are different. 

I think your battle between your sexuality and your faith is something that you will need to fight on your knees between you and who lever you believe. I don’t think anyone else can give you the answers you seek. 

anyways, I think I have rambled for way too long and I don’t know if any of it makes any sense. 

@Bow That made so much sense. I really appreciate your input and I have taken it on board.

You have made me realise that there is a way I can confess my sin and get guidance. I just have to have to confidence to go and do it. Plus I need to know when it’s on. I haven’t been to confession for over 30 years. But maybe it’s time. It’s definitely something I should look into. 

I hope you have a good day at the markets and that it’s not too cold for you. 

She doesn’t arrive until December @Glisten 

Hi @Captain24 , I'm sick in bed so haven't been online but wanted to pop in and say I hope you're coping OK... Hope today is better than yesterday 🤞

I’m so sorry you are sick @NatureLover. I really hope and pray that you feel better soon. 

How you doing this arvo @Captain24 ?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance