Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Feeling a colidiscope of emotions

@Lilyq Hmmm ... first off I was misdiagnosed so I was on the wrong medication or nothing at all  ...so if I count the time where the diagnosis was right it would be nearly a year of the correct meds .... even though I was sick for 8 years!  That is pretty shocking when I think about it :o.

How about you Lilyq did they get your diagnosis right or was there alot of misdiagnosis to begin with.

Yes the psychiatrist at first thought I had schizophrenia. So I was happy to be diagnosed correctly. 

It's a shame it takes the doctors so long to get the right diagnosis. 

@LilyqI am one of the older forum members and it is rare for people to get a mental illness like schizo in older age so that was the reason. Fair enough I understand that from the pdocs point of view. I hope you are able to get your medication tomorrow 🙂

Luckily I have my medication tonight it was Saturday night I missed. 

Hey @Lilyq, euthymic states are the technical jargon used to describe a state of mind whch is baseline (neither up nor down). This is where I long to be all the time (and thankfully am at present). It means for me, the rollercoaster has paused.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance