Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Tilly20
Casual Contributor

Catastrophizing

I need to do a long distance drive soon and I feel like I'm going to have a car crash because unfamiliar car and unfamiliar roads.

I need to get on a plane soon and I feel like I will get covid and not make it, won't be able to start work and become trapped in a covid hotspot and in an unhealthy home for months.

I am overwhelmed by the thought of having a panic attack in front of people (friends and coworkers), and I can't stop feeling broken. Even though I haven't done it yet I feel the humiliation.

They're not unrealistic scenarios anymore. They're things that really could happen. My anxiety exists so that I will be careful and cautious and make wise decisions for each of these obstacles, but my anxiety is putting the thoughts on overdrive. It is stopping me from doing the things I need to get done and making me cry and sweat at night.

How do you work with realistic situations that cause anxiety when you are already so sensitive to it?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Catastrophizing

@Tilly20  Hey Tilly20 I have crippling anxiety which affects my whole body and literally stops me in my tracks. I am a great avoider and could sit on my computer all day unless someone hand feeds me social activities.... things that I have to do. I dont know what the answer is but am interested in hearing others ideas. Take care. greenpeaxx

Re: Catastrophizing

Hi @Tilly20 ...I hear you. That's really hard. I have anxiety too, and sometimes it can be pretty bad. I have no answers for you...but I hear you. 

Hoping that things improve for you soon. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance