Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

@Dadcaringalone All the best with you and your son Dadcaringalone. I hope to see you again as you add so much to the forums if not have a wonderful life love greenpea 🙂

@Sophia1 @Mazarita @CheerBear @greenpea @Former-Member @outlander @Appleblossom

@Former-Member @Adge @Former-Member @Shaz51 @BlueBay @eudemonism and all

I still have not been accepted for rental house, I saw 11 houses just this week and nothing, I'm trying to stay positive but because I have 2 dogs and a cat, landlords just don't want to know. My motivation is rock bottom and my 24 & 25yr old sons aren't helping to find one and my lease runs out end of November.

@greenpea Miss you greenpea. Anyone know how to suspend the sane forums for a couple of weeks while you are on holiday?

@greenpea Miss you greenpea. Anyone know how to suspend the sane forums for a couple of weeks while you are on holiday?

Hey @saturnzoon So sorry to hear that you're still having such a hard time with housing. It really, really sucks.

Around a year ago (and this time the year before that) I had big housing issues also. It was so stressful. I found it so disheartening to attend inspections with so many others and know we had such little chance. The knock backs were crushing.

Do you have any support through or with a housing organisation?

Feeling for you 🙁

Hi @Dadcaringalone, if you are wanting to suspend for a couple of weeks, this can be done by forwarding an email to team@saneforums.org.au I will then flag it for the team to address on Monday.
Thanks Wenna

@saturnzoon I cannot imagine the stress you are under. Do you have a family member that you can stay with for awhile if worse comes to worse and your lease runs out before you find another place? Maybe the dogs could stay at a kennel for a couple of weeks and the cat with you .... just trying to think of alternatives for you.

Hi @saturnzoon

I'm sorry to hear that you're having such a hard time getting a rental property.

Yes, they are very fussy (anti) about pets.

I managed it okay years ago, because they would accept my birds (but not cats or dogs).

I hope you find a place soon.

Adge

Hi @saturnzoon I'd be looking for a back up option. Emergency housing type of thing through the housing department. Have you advertised online? Or in shop windows? Are you picky about areas and house/yard specifications you're looking for?

Hi @saturnzoon, adding another voice of support for the difficulty you have been facing finding a new place to live. Is it possible to renew the lease for another six months while you continue the search? Alternatively, you might consider speaking to the agent or owner about whether they will allow you to stay on month-by-month without a lease after this one runs out, until you find a new place. Wishing you the best.

Hi @outlander, thinking of you in your difficulties at the moment. Thank you for the lovely flowers you posted here earlier. Hugs. Heart

Hi @Dadcaringalone, it seems quite crazy to me that my little post that just thanked you and wished a good afternoon was moderated. I also didn't receive an email explaining why, which has always been part of the moderation process in all the years I've been on the forum. I've written an email to the moderators and community managers about this. Funny that your later post, which quotes mine in entirety, was not moderated. Go figure! Anyway, still haven't read the articles you mentioned yet but look forward to doing that sometime tomorrow. Thanks again. I love the Star Trek images and agree with @greenpea that your presence has been a great addition to the forum. I hope you enjoy your break to the max, and hope to see you when you need a place to discuss things again. Best to you! Woman Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance