Skip to main content

Re: Newbie's Social Club - Come make some friends!

Ohh wow @Ru-bee 

Have a great weekend my friend 🧡 

I have been there 

You will love it and love to see the photos 

Oooh lucky ducky @Ru-bee!!

Heya @Shaz51 yay tags! I have been to the red centre too!! I was only 6 though so I don't remember a lot! I do remember it was back before they sealed off Uluru, and we were off to climb it. We'd heard about a particular point that was colloquially known as 'chicken rock' cos you'd be a chicken if you didn't go further than it. Well, whilst the rest of the family went powering on ahead, my mum n I were a lil wobbly on the steep ascent - to the point we didn't even make it to the chicken rock!! We joked that we'd only made it to the turkey rock so we must be turkeys instead 🤣

Nowadays I'm grateful we didn't make it up the whole way!! I mean no guilt in not knowing, but I think I still would have felt ick knowing what I do now. 

Where abouts did you go? 

Still alive! Its a bit depressing when you have to self diagnose and show your clinical psychologist what ASD and BPD can look like together when you have traits of both but not enough for a clear diagnoses to get NDIS supports. My kids level 2 ASD with ADHD which are both generally genetic. 

@Jynx 

I did a 10-day bus tour of the Northern Territory, and it was back before they sealed off Uluru, and we were off to climb it. -- I did not go all the way up because of my balance but were able to touch and walk around 

Hello @Toast89 and welcome 

my husband and our 4 children have Adhd and ASD 

we have a thread called Wait what did I come into this thread for again? Oh yeah, ADHD! 

and Thick with the ‘tism – ASD Social Space for you to click onto and I can tag you too 

@Jynx , @ArraDreaming , @Glisten 

Good afternoon all you beautiful souls 💗

Let's welcome some more of our wonderful newbies on the forum!

@Clayton @Chocolateangel @AlpineCrocodile @Fishpud1 @ZZen @Billie32 @WATTEURS @TotallySane08 @thebowerburg @Jaila @MISSJACQUELINER 

What's everyone's plan for this weekend? Feel free to share a bit about yourselves as well 😊

Evening, I'm a 35 yr old female (preferably NB) [edited by moderator] with a host of neurodivergency and a potential BPD diagnosis. (ADHD, ASD - PDA, CPTSD) 

Been in a tumultuous relationship for the past 15 years whom I kicked out mid last year (where did the time go?!) 

I enjoy sewing and permaculture. Have land, will grow things eventually! 

Hey @Jaila ,

Great to have you with us. It sounds like you are reaching out to get to know more people.

I'm hearing how hard things have been for you since your husband left, especially when it comes to finances and housing.

Just a quick note, that SANE Forums are anonymous forums. Hence, the photos uploaded could not be approved.

Also, the locations you posted on the forums means the post does not align with anonymity guidelines so they have been edited out. You can read these guidelines here: https://saneforums.org/t5/help/faqpage/title/community-guidelines

Whilst these forums are anonymous, it is an opportunity for you to feel less isolated in what you are going through. We work to provide connection, support and a sense of belonging in a peer-to-peer space.

What are some things you like to do in your free time? Your passions and interest?

Hey @Toast89 ,

Welcome to the forums!

Thanks for sharing a little about yourself. How interesting in terms of your interests! I'm totally hopeless with growing things....or let's just say, I'm not interested - I'm not going to lie. As for sewing? What sort of stuff do you sew? I envy people who are good at sewing..

I have a diagnosis of BPD. It's certainly not easy. Hence I'm glad the community here can also connect with you.

Looking forward to hearing more.

Atm it's just hand sewing but english paper piecing. Lots of cutting and glueing before sewing it all together! Not super confident on the machine yet but it's a fun little time killer. 

Slowly making a quilt for my mum who's made so many for me.