Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

jamesle2015
Senior Contributor

in the media

I was watching a segment in nine news earlier in the 6pm bulletin....

It showed a family having a gathering somewhere in Victoria I can't remember where

but it started with B ..the granny said ' it's the way to do it' referring to the place they gathered..and before that they were showing how the locals were feeling positive as they were getting more visitors ....then at the end of the segment the reporter said 'this holiday week every day feels like Saturday' ..........

When I heard that I was annoyed....I'm not sure how experienced this reporter is or whether they thought about what was being said at the time.....

This statement makes it sound as if everyone is on holiday this week - no one is at work which I am sure the reporter knows is not true ....

Retail - supermarkets, post offices, Bunnings, department stores and others are open this week.......supermarket opens on Friday 1st Jan

the other thing is 'feels like Saturday' - excuse me a lot of people have to work on Saturday - supermarket workers, petrol station workers, department stores and others everyone can think of

I want to email nine network and let them know about this it's not good enough to

put everyone in the same basket

What do you reckon will they bother replying to me? 🙂

4 REPLIES 4

Re: in the media

I've worked in media. Still do.occassionslly. Trust me you will.not get a reply from Channel.nine unless youention the words sue and court in your email.or handwritten letter. 

The amount if people that get upset with the media are millions. I don't watch the news nor read it. You are very rarely getting the full story anyway. Lots of cuts, edits and people still even acting. 

As for the reporter saying what they did, it was an offhand comment and they probably do know what you stated in your post. 

My advice, let it go. It's not worth your own mental health. 

@jamesle2015  Hey jamesie2015 my mother used to work for the programming manager of a tv station and she would receive all the mail from viewers and answer them one by one BUT that was 20 years ago,  That I can guarantee would not happen anymore. It was a pretty stupid remark to make as the reporter was himself working..... anyway dont sweat the small stuff. and watch channels ABC or SBS if you want less idiot reporting 🙂

@greenpeaI reckon they get paid a fair bit..these reporters

...main reason they are doing this job

@jamesle2015  I think you are right. I would hate the job though. I like being a nobody. Would hate to be famous and all the negatives that it brings along with it.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance