Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Mais oui La Tour Eiffel Karma. Though I hesitate to accep...

Mais oui La Tour Eiffel Karma.

Though I hesitate to accept that it is "artistic." I am way too blue collar for that.

A bonus display case for your box of pins if you spot the literary reference.

One of Sandy's favourites, and mine too.

Re: Mais oui La Tour Eiffel Karma. Though I hesitate to accep...

Are you making reference @JubileeJohnson,  to 'being 37 and driving through Paris with the wind in my hair'? Am I right @Alessandra? Do a get a set of free steak knives too, hee hee?

Re: Mais oui La Tour Eiffel Karma. Though I hesitate to accep...

Sorry karma, my fault - far too oblique. Actually a better guess than my clue, but I was 31, and on foot.

It relates to a character in one of Terry Prachett's Discworld series of books - Stanley Howler:

"Raised by peas (no further explanation is given), Stanley has a tendency towards obsessive behaviour, coupled with violent incidents when under stress. He used to be one of the more obsessive of Ankh-Morpork's large number of pin collectors (called 'pinheads'), to the point that all the other collectors thought he was "a bit weird about pins". Fortunately his liking for pins can be used to calm him down from his, as called in the books, 'Little Moments'."

Terry Pratchett is one of the  only fiction authors I read. Or at least, one of the only ones I enjoy reading.

All the characters in his books are quite mad (caveat - I don't mean to offend anyone - they are my kind.

Re: Where in the world...

Crikey I thought it was terry pratchett rererence coz I thought the four pillara might have been a reference to anh maphork, and the four elephants (or turtles).. But Marianne faithful might be spot on!!!I would live to be 37 again!

Sandy, I thought it Marianne Faithful who was the original singer of " Ballad of Mary Jordan", golly I now having a glissando of musical memories, Nico , the Velvet Underground and of all people though not the right decade Nina....who had an operatic trained voice but sang punk rock.....

Another Disc world fan here too!

And then she had the acest single of all "say it broken English" which was exactly how I felt I was interpreting the world when I was unwell...
Going off track completely, but not entirely.. Where in the world do I want to be..I want to be Rincewind the wizard and the sapient pearwood trunk..think of all the places....

Terry Practhett reference by the way.. Rincewind travels Disc world..

@Alessandra1992 @Neb 

Ladies? ass-u-me that you are aware of Tom Holt.

If not, I think you would both enjoy.

The J.W. Wells & Co. series should be read in order.

I had better get to my local library..I gave been sidetracked lately b Skullduggery Pleasant, not as funny but a ripper of a yarn regardless..
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance