Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Offtopluto
Casual Contributor

What’s your favourite self care activity?

Self care this year is something that I really want to do for myself. I’m still learning to care for my mind but my favourite self care activity at the moment is taking a break from the outside world and building lego sets. 
It brings me so much joy to just play some calming music and build whatever it is that I’ve chosen from lego. 

what’s your favourite self care activity 

22 REPLIES 22

Re: What’s your favourite self care activity?

@Offtopluto 

I do love me some lego, I got really into making the tiny lego set, they were amazing! 

I love playing video games or crafting always a go to!

Hi there @Offtopluto & @LilMapleLeaf

I'm TideisTurning, one of the Peer Workers here  😊I just wanted to stop by with a copy of a summary from a live discussion we held on self-care just last week in case is of interest or may give you a few ideas!  we also have a little post discussion here which you are welcome to join if you'd like to 😊 

Hey @Offtopluto ,

Thanks for your thread. 

Thinking about it, I think my go to self-care activity would be to do nothing. As is… not in a bad way, but not have to run here and there… being just able to chill and relax would be great.

Awesome information although I haven't read the past self care posts yet. 

Self care meant therapy for me from a very young age 

I used to really love Lego. 

@TideisTurning 

@Offtopluto 

@TideisTurning 

@tyme 

@LilMapleLeaf 

@Appleblossom 

I sew quilts which is very enjoyable for me. 

But iv been sewing them for each family member _ iv realised today that iv needing to nurture that part of myself too.   

That sounds like a lovely project @PeppyPatti! I agree creative pursuits can be a really important form of self care 😊 

I love lego. I'm not so good at knitting, but I can knit. I also used to love crocheting @PeppyPatti @Offtopluto @LilMapleLeaf 

I don't really make down time for these things though.

Hey @tyme 

My guilt too. Not making calm time to do my passion reading Psychotherapy books and taking notes on each chapter with my support worker and sewing quilts 

Nice @PeppyPatti !

Have you read The Happiness Trap - by Russell Harris? I learnt so much from that and took so many notes from it. I think it's also an audiobook if that helps.

I like crafting. 

Lego is just lovely. I remember putting all my sons lego together late at night for fun in houses. I also did my Uni degree in visual art about……plans of houses. I didn’t go to Uni until 30. 

@Offtopluto 

@TideisTurning 

@LilMapleLeaf 

Interesting. 

I write on Quora and answer questions on Quora.com but less more now. 

I only quilt squares but I buy psychedelic squares from a website called Spoonflower which can be cheap if I wait for regular 30 % off fabric days. And shirts and sheets from op shops. I'm going to stop giving them away and start an online shop hopefully in about 6 months. 

It’s taken me a long time to do self care.

Thankyou @tyme I’ll read that book. I’ve put it on my booko.com.au book list. I might go and see if it’s at the library too tomorrow My support worker wants to study our books at the library. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance