Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: The Ice-Memery

20211201-202700_1.jpeg

@Rosemary4  Love an opportunity to learn new things! 

I think the word is also widely used when referring to the backstory of a character or world in fiction - i.e. The Lord of the Rings has a lot of lore that pre-dates the trilogy (covered in novels like The Silmarillion). This is what came up for me when I saw that meme - thinking of your painful past as part of your backstory that helped make you into the badass main character you are today Smiley Tongue

Thanks @Jynx,
Having some suicidal thoughts tonight. Been a while since I felt compelled to ' just do it'. But I know this is not an emergency or counselling or crisis line. I'll just ride it out.

Ohhh hugs my @Rosemary4 xoxo 

@Rosemary4 thanks for sharing where you're at tonight. We may not be a crisis service but doesn't mean we can't sit alongside you in this difficult time. Do you have a go-to safety plan, and someone you can talk to about how you're feeling? 

You too @Shaz51, was reading you're closer to dialysis. Must be scary, but I've heard the dialysis can make you feel better if nothing else. Getting rid of impurities I guess. Hang in there 💙

@Jynx I don't have anyone to talk to about these thoughts.peoplw panic because of my history.
I'll squeeze some ice and have a cold drink shortly, light some insense and stimulate those five senses. I feel stupid ringing Lifeline etc. Just gotta not act on it.

Silly season upon us I guess. I could get the MH care plan from DR but got buckles getting in to see anyone before February now, Good I can chat her at least. Thanks.

Yeah those waiting lists are ridiculous right now. Glad to hear you're thinking about what your next steps are though @Rosemary4 . 

In future, you can always call the SANE Helpline - we're about to close at 10pm but I know that it's a good option for a non-judgemental ear if you just need a space to talk about the feelings. You could try em tomorrow if you like. 

I believe in you! You will get through this! I am sending virtual hugs and a whole big pile of determination to help you resist the thoughts! 

And I am sending you this pic too (hope it loads okay) HeartHeartEC246105-5C08-477A-97CB-751BD221CFCC.PNG

Haha @Jynx, I really like that meme. Describes how I feel, I got nothing left tonight, really flat. Very isolated. Gotta find a tribe somewhere, somehow.
Haven't phoned the helpline before, will try tomorrow, the red flags are up, I need help 😏
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance