Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: The Community Garden :)

i love it. its the one thing that keeps me calm @Shaz51
Former-Member
Not applicable

GetAttachment.jpg

Kitty just can not keep away from the Bull Frog, now look at this mess he is in?

hi @Former-Member. have we met before

You are inspiring me @Bubbles3 I have just moved into a tiny terrace with a small courtyard after having a big garden. Herbs are on my must grow list!

So glad to see a herb garden here @Bubbles3!

I'm adding some lemon balm to go with the other herbs because it smells so incredibly good!

-18-1.png

And planting some tomatoes 🙂

1-1.png

What's you favourite flower @Bubbles3?

Hope you're settling in well @frog 🙂

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Bubbles3 no we have never met, may I pop you, pretty plz?
You can return as Bubbles4, I suppose I am asking too much of you considering we just met, hey?
Don't you just love this Garden its an awesome idea.
Luv
Bella 🙂
Former-Member
Not applicable

image002.jpgLOOK WHO CAME TO WATCH US GROW THINGS. 

Looks like I will plant some catnip for them. They are one big beautiful family of Bengal cats!    Cat HappyCat Very Happy

Bengal Cats.jpg

My favourite of the plants in pots in my back courtyard was described to me when I got it as a 'noddy violet'. This is not a plant type I've been able to find easily on the web to show you. It may be a wildflower of some kind. In any case, I have it in a hanging pot and it has grown effusively, overflowing its pot and hanging down beautifully, almost always flowering, over the past year since I've had it. It looks something like this, except mine is wilder and longer...

hanging violet

Near this I have 'mother in laws tongue' (aka 'snake plant') growing in a pot on the ground. It looks something like this...

mother in law tongue

There is a planter box with a variety of succulents in it, looking something like this (except mine is much more overgrown, the plants are taller, and have grown messier in the box now, also overflowing really...

planter box

There's an aloe vera plant in a pot (also for medicinal purposes), looking something like this...

aloe vera

There's also another succulent in a solo pot and two bromeliads. The bromeliads seem sick. I haven't had any luck caring for them. I've passed on the care of them to C, who has a much more luscious pot plant garden in his courtyard, evidence of a greener thumb than mine. But neither of us are having much luck with the bromeliads. Any tips appreciated. Smiley Happy

@Mazarita@Love the noddy violet, can't find it on the net. @CheerBear@Former-Member@frog@Bubbles3 Just planted some sweet peas in my garden, so I'm putting some in our community garden also.image.jpeg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance