Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Night Shift

Glad you did not dissappear. @TAB

Colours have helped me recently, but for a long time things were a bit black and white. Life and death stresses.

Listening to dutch video atm

Smiley Happy

Re ‘you and I’ 😬🤔😇
@Appleblossom
https://youtu.be/TyYhd0H9bLI

Cant think of any throw away Dutch lines @Appleblossom I love playful verbal stoushs w South African guy have worked for a few times. Re loose connection re boers etc . He hides behind a facade of humour and seems to be only one Ive met who doesn’t give history lessons etc, doesn’t even seem to know it himself. Ok he’s cool. And very damaged. Thinking Sealous Scouts or something. Ok it’s a semi mutual man-crush. Turns out he lives less than 100m away, same street. He invited me over for a bbq month or so ago and I got over effusive with trash talk re texting, then he rang me in a rage saying his wife was reading txts. Ffs. Oh well. No contact since.

There were some pretty melodies and beautiful words in that vid @TAB

Wow I learn a new thing every day.

Smiley Happy

Alice Cooper is a born again Christian and says he remained fatihful to his wife.

That romantisch rock ballad is not his typical style .. eg shock rock ... all I ever knew was the leering tongue and Welcome to my Nightmare.  

Apparently many people love that romantic side of AC and play the song at weddings ...  gee people are complicated.

Yeah .. @TAB like your South African mate.  He probably wanted what was between you to stay between you and not spread to his wife ... 

We Live and Learn

Smiley Happy

I remembered afterwards you don’t like Alice @Appleblossom yes he was talented. Also a brilliant radio dj heard him on syndication in a few odd adventures thousands of miles from home. It was comforting.

Yeah well partners who read others phones in real time well is just weird well she probably has good reason. Anyway Que Sera .. Sera .. @Appleblossom 😸😎🎩 sorry I’m in a state. Past memories visiting me. Self medicating. Beating myself up. About Anything. And Everything.

And yes , banter was ok at work but not when he was at home. Apparently. @Appleblossom I needed a friend and I liked him. Oh well

...another Alice re mood today 🤔 @Appleblossom
Ok I like the music even when not feeling ordinary 😸
https://youtu.be/f8hT3oDDf6c

I am not a "dont like Alice type", just wary of the whole kit and caboodle of celebrity, pop and rock and now I know some of the pitfalls of bach, religion and the baroque.

Smiley Surprised

My gf who influenced me to buy Deep Purple, but not Elvis was into all that.

I am more into ethnomusicology of rock and pop.  Now I realise that Alice Copper responded to his societies enjoyment of the horror etc ...

I did not have time for it, as I was too busy working or studying.  I see it as a part of a world of adolescents with daddys paying the bills, which was NOT my life.Then in my marriage my ex did not want his toddler daughter to be tempted by a record player, so  music was put away and I ended up only doing live.

Probably due to abandonment at 6 I had a deep aversion to responding to shocking events, unless they really needed a response.  I guess I suppressed reactions and feelings.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance