Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

Good morning and good afternoon @BPDSurvivor @RedHorse @TAB @StuF @MDT @hanami @tyme @Shaz51 @BlueBay @outlander @greenpea @Dimity @frog @Clawde @Meowmy @Zoe7 @pinklollipop15 @maddison @Daisydreamer @Paperdaisy @Sirius @Historylover @jay2 @Codex1 and all forumites here. It’s Monday so the start of a brand new week for everyone which I hope is going well for everyone! 

It’s freezing cold in Melbourne- 12 degrees currently- so I’m in bed with a heat pack and have been working on a mix of knitting the second sleeve of a kids jumper for charity and a crochet blanket for myself. It’s giving me something to do so I’m not really bored. I’m just so glad I can knit snd crochet as at least I can create things like blankets, beanies and jumpers to keep myself and others warm. It allows me to be creative yet have fun and something to do at the same time! Knitting has really been something I’ve taken to since my mental illness took hold of my life over 20 years ago along with learning to crochet which my Mum also used to do when I was a child. She’s been gone 20 years this June so I feel that by knitting and crochet, I’m keeping part of her memory alive in me and that’s important for me to realise and remember.

Take care and stay safe!

Judi9877☺️🌻 

Hi @Judi9877 

Not much warmer here!

That is So Good that you have your knitting, that obviously means a lot to you 🙂

I used to knit/crochet when we had craft at school @Judi9877 but don't do it anymore. I really take to wearable art.  I have one jacket what is called using freestyle crochet and its a bit of a colorful garnment made out of both commercial and handspun yarns.  It does not follow a traditional pattern but is organic and haphazard in design.  I used to be a patron of cottage industries that advertised their wares on Etsy. Here are some of my faves that I bought years ago that were handmade: 

Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 2.42.48 pm.pngScreen Shot 2022-05-30 at 2.43.30 pm.pngScreen Shot 2022-05-30 at 2.43.51 pm.png

Thanks for tag @Judi9877 ... Seems we are doing the same here in cold Melbourne! I am almost finished a pair of gloves. I am annoyed at myself for choosing black yarn to Crochet with though! It is very difficult to see the next loop! Happy knitting & stay warm!

Hello @SmilingGecko , I love the pictures you posted of "freestyle crochet". I like them all- the 3rd picture is definitely me!!💜💜💜

Hello everyone! Happy Monday🙃 

Yeah a bit of fun @maddison I love non traditional designs.  Its amazing how you can break out with inventiveness and color.  Glad you liked them!

Good morning @SmilingGecko @maddison @StuF @BPDSurvivor @RedHorse @Sirius @FloatingFeather @TuxedoCat @MDT @TAB @Shaz51 @Clawde @Snowie @Anastasia @greenpea @Meowmy @tyme @Rhye @ButterflyBeauty @Paperdaisy @Daisydreamer @Historylover @Peri @Owlunar @outlander @ArtistZ @Dimity @Delicatessen @hanami and all forumites here. I hope you have a great day!

As for me, Melbourne is back to its usual freezing weather today - apparently it’s meant to be colder than yesterday- so it’s a day of staying at home under the doona and doing things I can do in bed like knitting and crochet and resting (I find it hard to actually sleep during the day so I just shut my eyes and try to relax and it helps to fill in time as well with not much happening in my life). I’ve got my heat pack so I’ll use that to keep warm as well. 

Take care and stay safe! 
Judi9877☺️💐🧶

Good morning @Judi9877 !

Sounds like a good plan to stay warm today! 

hugs

hanami 💮

Freezing, heh @Judi9877. More ahead! Brrr!

Hi @Judi9877 @hanami @Historylover @SmilingGecko @StuF  and everyone. 🙂

Yep, it continues to be cold here in melb! I have nearly finished my black gloves. Here is the 'prototype' I completed crocheting a few weeks ago ... so cosy... And perfect for today!

20220531_153748.jpg

 stay warm everyone🙂💜

Looks very comfy and warm @maddison !

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance