Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Good Morning!

Hey @Former-Member
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @MDT how are you?

i am feeling a little flat/despondent due to being in 'lockdown' again and other personal stuff...

@MDT Happy Thursday

I hear you @Former-Member
I've booked a GP appointment to get a certificate to avoid work next week when I see my p doc. I can't stomach the thought of going back just yet. I also postponed catching up with a friend today because I still feel like I am in recovery mode. Don't want to go anywhere. Just need some time to myself.

Sitting with you my friend. What can you do today?
Former-Member
Not applicable

Yeah, self care is the way to go @MDT I am glad you have your Med certificate 👍🏻

Thanks for sitting with me😊

Going to go for a walk later, do some cooking and check out potential jobs (I have just discontinued a post-grad subject that I had enrolled in for 2nd semester so I am at a loose end now). i need some sort of meaningful activity 🤔

Good morning @TAB @Former-Member @MDT @DJMasters @Ant7 @greenpea @Shaz51 @eth @frog @Sans911 @outlander @Maggie @Former-Member and all those here this morning! I hope you are warm and safe and have a great day!

@Former-Member I hear you about being back in lockdown in metro Melbourne as it's the same situation for me. I have had my weekly phone call from my MH worker and they've given me some tips on how to get through this period again. Feel free to tag me if you want any support about this period.

@DJMasters Nice to meet you! Welcome☺️

Could you maybe do something that gets you closer to the post grad? @Former-Member

What were you studying ?
Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks for the support @Judi9877 i hope you are ok 😇

I saw my psychotherapist yesterday and we discussed some coping strategies. I am feeling disheartened but ok about the lockdown.

Stay safe 💚

Former-Member
Not applicable

@MDT Nah, I already have a post grad qual - Masters of Human Services. I had enrolled in a post grad research single subject ( to qualify to eventually apply for a PhD) but it was thousands of $ and I can't justify it whilst I am not earning any money...

I am not confident/motivated right now to study and would prefer to work 🤔

I see @Former-Member

Yeah. I'm currently looking at coding on javascript to get an understanding of IT and what I will be looking at. It's a bit nerdy haha. But I like the challenge and it's cool to make something work.

For example I made a small animation. That was living proof to me that it worked.

Could you maybe do similar for your Masters? Take online courses that are free that warm your mind towards that stuff? Just to get the ball rolling maybe? that way you get the benefit of study and learning but without the financial cost?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance