Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

I am taking it slow @Former-Member - that is the only pace I have today lol

You have a big couple of days coming up with the funeral so reach out when you need to help you get through the day Heart

Hi @Shaz51 👋💕

It was easier to tag you and Darcy to this thread than repeat the post on the other one on Carers side.  I finally worked out that my unwell feeling was a detox reaction.

I hope you are feeling a bit better for having a rest day today.  I am sorry to hear your Mr. Shaz is sick, but it does explain how he was feeling this morning too.

headache ✔️

nausea ✔️

flu-like symptoms ✔️

bloating ✔️

brain-fog ✔️

tender lymph nodes in my neck ✔️ --- wow @Faith-and-Hope , what do you do for it -- just reading about metabolic syndrome

good idea tagging @Former-Member  and me

Our @Faith-and-Hope is certainly not very well today @Shaz51 and you are having a rough day too. My thoughts with you both 💜💙💚🧡💛💐🌷🌺

It’s best to check anything medical with doctors @Shaz51 , but this is what I have learned, and checked with doctors.

Metabolic syndrome is apparently caused by three things (generally speaking cos there might be other factors that compound it).

- Lack of exercise

- Poor dietary balance

- High stress / anxiety

It can also have a genetic predisposition, apparently.

I walk a lot, most days, and lift and carry heavy art equipment, so that is plenty of exercise - checked with doctors.

I have a good balance with dietary intake - checked with doctors and a dietician.

I have high-stress and anxiety-producing circumstances, but leaving them is likely to make this side of things much worse, for me and everyone else involved - checked with counsellors with expertise in the field we are dealing with.

Generic factors I can’t do much about .....

So, what I have to do about it is work at reducing the effects of the stressors I have to deal with.  Going to uni and immersing myself in my art is one way of doing that.  Another is to see a counselling regularly and talk about what is happening.

I have also targeted two things that cause me difficulty and distress - trying to manage a difficult nail condition, and trying to look after my tricky hair ..... so I get help now with both of those.

I also get neck and back massages occasionally, because that is where I tend to store stress in my body.

I also listen to music, and take myself out for a coffee somewhere every day.

I used to catch up with friends regularly, but since we moved I have only made some new ones in my course, so being at uni ticks that box for me too.

I am a believer, so going to church helps me to believe I can get through this, and look for moments of joy wherever I can find them, usually in the little things.

How’s that for a big answer ?

thanks for the big answer my friend @Faith-and-Hope , sending you hugs HeartHeart

I am a believer too @Faith-and-Hope , so going to church helps me to believe I can get through this,

just i have lumps turn up in my neck when i eat , going to see the doctor this week

funny -- mr shaz reminded me of my letters of check ups which i have not done yet xxxx

@Zoe7, @Former-Member , @outlander , @Maggie 

That doesn't sound very good @Shaz51 so good you are going to get a check up. Keep us posted on how it goes. You have been really unwell with a lot happening for you lately my sister so I hope it is nothing serious - hugs Hon Heart

i feel it is the same my @Zoe7 , but i will keep my apptments xxx

Best to get checked out @Shaz51 so you can stay on top of things if there are any issues.

How are you going this afternoon @Faith-and-Hope? Are you still in the coffee shop Hon?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance