Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

I'm sorry you lost those games and those feelings have resurfaced., ohhh hugs my sister @Zoe7 , sitting with you xoxo

haha @Zoe7 yeah I don't think we have any VHS left.. I remember when I was a kid I kept watching the VHS of Star wars episode 1 and one day it buggered up the video player so the video was permanently damaged at the same time everytime i watched it. Lol.

haha no worries @greenpea 🙂

gday maggie @Maggie 🙂

I still have 2 VHS playerrs @MDT that work and one that doesn't. That one my Nan gave to me for my combined 21st and Christmas so I won't get rid of it. At the time they were quite expensive but it was what I wanted so she got it for me. Just another example of how special my Nan was to me.

I can imagine a little Hams sitting down watching Star Wars - but nothing much has changed there hey lol

@Shaz51 Thanks my sister - hugs greatly appreciated Heart How are you feeling today? Did you get an early night last night?

haha just not little anymore @Zoe7
Giant hams maybe? Yeah star wars has changed a lot in its own right as well.

IT's great that you have the VHS still from your nan 🙂

grandparents are great 🙂

yes ealy night last night my sister @Zoe7 

but woke up 4 times to go to the bathroom and then having cramps in my legs during the night , arrrgggg

today we worked this morning and then it rained a little bit and then we mowed a lawn

feeling a bit guilty running in and out of mum`s daily

I don't have any grandparents left @MDT We were incredibly close to my Mum's parents but not so much with my Dad's. They lived a long way away and were very difficult so visits for not always nice. I do remember clearly not wanting to go to visit when we did - seems like we were always in trouble for something. Whereas my Mum's parents we were there whenever we could be - they were amazing. I had my own room and stayed there most weekends when I was younger and then as a teenager a lot of weekdays. High School was really close so I also went there for lunch a few days a week. Very much miss those times Smiley Sad

Giant Hams LOL - makes me think of Christmas ham...

You can only do what you can do @Shaz51 and you have to look after yourself too. Even a quick visit to your Mum is something and I'm sure you will spend more time with her when you get the chance Smiley Very Happy I am glad you got an early night - you sounded really tired last night. Bugger about getting up so many times so hope you got enough sleep when you could Heart

yeah i am the same - only one set of grandparents @Zoe7

On my dad's side. There are photos and everything with them. Family christmas, birthdays. You name it. We are all there this year for my grand dad's 90th too.

My mum's side was always hard. She lost her mum at 13 so I never new my maternal grandma. My grandpa on my mum's side was a very bitter, set in ways man. I imagine probably because of his upbringing in regional victoria, losing his kid (mum lost her oldest brother when she was 21) and the loss of his wife too.

the only time I saw him smile was if something endearing happened, a joke or something funny was told. He never once expressed warmth or anything that I can recall. My mum is the opposite to her dad.... which can really only lead me to believe that her mum was exactly like my mum. It must be really strange for her too when raising my sister... because she never grew past 13 with a mum... so my mum hasn't got anything to remember in terms of a mum/daughter relationship.
I also knew my great grandparents on my dad's side. They were a lovely old couple. Gradma (we called her that as our grandma was always Nan) would always make rice pudding. Pop (Nan's dad) was also very good with building and gadgets. I have an old horse and cart he used to own. Still got it in my room.....

But family is like this I guess isn't it.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance