Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: soul’s year of recovery

💐💜💕 @soul ..... I’m in !

Hoping there is some recovery on my horizon this year somewhere ...... will enjoy tagging along with yours ❣️

@soul trust tests today went ok. Thinking of you 😊

Thanks for all your kind wishes.

The accident caused extensive nerve damage to my brachial plexus when my shoulder was dislocated @outlander. Fortunately the nerves weren't severed. Just a long road of therapy ahead.

@Former-Member - last year was so bad - this one has to be better.

@TAB - I'm sure you're not as lazy as you think.

@utopia - walking was one of those things I really enjoyed doing so am keen to get back into it. I did 3 kms today.

Yep @Maggie - things do have to get better. I think I have had my share of bad stuff.

@greenpea - lots of water and veggies is a great start towards good health. I enjoy iced herbal tea. It makes water a bit more interesting.

Thanks @Shaz51 - you have always been a great support.

@Mazarita - thanks for having confidence in me. Sometimes I get sad about my situation. Just have to hope things improve.

@Faith-and-Hope - hope we both have a great year. That goes for everyone here.

@Determined - the tests are not pleasant but necessary. I'll make sure to dose up on painkillers before I head out tomorrow. 

A full day of medical stufff tomorrow. First up is a consult with the orthpedic people. The shoulder still hurts a lot - sometimes a sharp pain, other times a throbbing. Next is an occupational therapy session for my hand and after that the neuro guy wants me back for further testing on the nerve damage. 

At least theres no nerve damage there @soul but im sorry your having to go through all that and a long road ahead as well.
Hoping all your appts gomwell tomorrow

That should be *goes well

Hi @soul you have certainly been through the mill and most unfair that this should occur. Your shoulder injury sounds painful and inconvenient as you try to cope with same. You are a friend to all on this forum and we will be praying and hoping that the healing process is speedy. Condolences on losing your mum as I lost my mother in my early 20's and she was a great person to have around as I'm sure your mother was. 2018 has only just begun and may it hold health and contentment for you - we think highly of you - hugs from us all. Bimby2

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hello @soul and thanks for the tag

What a trying Year 2017 was for you! I am with you - it's upwards and onwards from there to a better 2018 for you and I look forward to sharing the journey with you. 💕

Hugs @soul ..... 🧡💐💕

@soul@Determined@Faith-and-Hope@Former-Member@Bimby2 Good morning to everyone have a fabulous day xx 🙂

Already increased your walk to 3kms. That's great @souk. Sounds like you're pushing yourself just the right amount.
I hope your tests today show that more improvement will come in the near future. But I bet you must be exhausted by all the tests.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance