Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: @Re: not feeling good

My advice is the same as @Maggie ‘s, leave the house for a walk somewhere  @BlueBay.  Stay safe, and take yourself to a cafe when you have calmed down .... somewhere with music and a cup of tea or coffee ...... move, and then breathe .....

💜💐

It's too late @Faith-and-Hope @MDT @lola @Maggie 

the urge was too strong this morning. 
I need to go out for a walk but motivation is gone. I'm not strong to stop the urges. 

Make sure you continue to look after yourself across the rest of the day @BlueBay ....  Sending gentle hugs your way.

Me too @BlueBay  gentle hugs. 💜💕💜💕

Hi @Maggie @Faith-and-Hope @MDT @Shaz51 @Owlunar @Gazza75 @Former-Member @Zoe7 and others 

Thanks for your support. I'm ok at the moment. Don't know about later though. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@BlueBay 

👍🍃🌺

@Former-Member @Maggie @Faith-and-Hope @MDT @Gazza75 @Shaz51 @Owlunar  
Why does hubby have to compete with me. Exercising is now a competition. He has to do more snd better than me. 
he was watching car racing in tv. So I decided to go fir a walk line I usually do. He saw me get ready but didn't say a word. I'm almost hime from my walk and he texts "going fir a long walk".  I got hime to see him just past our house and grabbed the keys. He says "oh I was going to come eith you but you left. The car race starts at 11". So what do you want me to do. I ignored his comment because if he wanted to come he should have said so. 
now he'll come bsvk snd gloat at how far he went for his walk. 
it annoys me becaysr it's sll snout how far he goes and how quick he walks. 
I struggle and then get depressed and then anger and then emotional extra eat. 
I'm going to bring this up with my dietitian. 

Try to ignore it @BlueBay .  

I’m hearing you.

My hubby and I used to walk to mil’s place on Saturday mornings when we were in the west, then he began to power-walk, leaving me behind u less I power-walked too .... and when I power-walked so we were still doing the walk together, he began to jog.  He was making it a competition, and I wasn’t enjoying it.  He would get to mil’s place ahead of me, and they would be finished their coffee before I got there, so I was drinking one after then, and then hubby would leave before I was finished.  It was just rude .....

I decided to take a long walk at my own pace in my own direction, and have an enjoyable coffee in a coffee shop somewhere at the end of it.  If he really wanted to walk with me, and if either of them really wanted my company, they would have tried to find a happy compromise, but they didn’t .... they didn’t want to, and they didn’t.

So ..... I have a choice to make about how far I am going to allow that to affect me, and it’s not just a decision to make with your head, it’s about your heart as well, and protecting it.  With the help of your dietician and you psych and others who care about you, you can set boundaries on other people’s treatment of you, and develop some strategies for handling how that affects you.

Hugs and hugs @BlueBay . It’s not easy, and in my experience it can only be achieved in very small steps, but you can do it, and we are with you .....

💜💐

Thanks @Faith-and-Hope i know you can relate to what  I'm saying. I don't mind a casual walk together at times but lately I'm loving my walk in my own. And if I say I'm going alone he gets sll funny. He came back before and I didn't ask him where he went. I'm ignoring it. 
simething I've just found for me alone and he hates it. 
ive never done anything for myself. 
im even thinking I want to go away fir a weekend with a friend. Just my time. 
hugs ❤️❤️

Keep taking care of you @BlueBay ..... ❤️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance