Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

WhereAmI
New Contributor

Why can't keep a job!?

I'm 50 and I can't seem to do my job anymore.  I feel like my career is down the toilet.  I am a high level professional and either I get confused and don't get what's going on or I just feel paralysed to start my work/tasks.

My anxiety and menopause is causing one big clusterfk!  And being a women seems to make things worse.  I have spent my career fighting my way to top with men and now as soon as I started making mistakes I'm under performance managed and I can see I'm not relied upon.  It's spinning out of control and I don't know what to do!!?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Why can't keep a job!?

Hey @WhereAmI ,

Thanks for sharing. Welcome to the forums. We hope you find the support and connection you deserve. 

It sounds like things are quite stressful at this time and you see a change in your performance at work. I read that you feel anxiety and menopause plays a part. Have you sought professional help for this? Anxiety and menopause affect different people in different ways. It doesn't mean it's the end of your career.

Yet I recognise this doesn't make it any less distressing. The anxiety of this change can hold many unknowns. I read that you have worked hard your entire life only to find that you've come to this point.

Please know you are not alone.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance