Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Ups and Downs of Husband`s Mental Illness

Thanks @Former-Member on all counts, means a lot. 

Saw an earlier coment re the grief and whats new tab, has been on my to do list to go and look at. Would not load on the phone or tab so next time im on the pc. 

Morning @Former-Member everyone else who ws following last night,

Things are quiet here this morning, darling has said she wants to go back to hospital 😞  wants me to contact the doctor. Cant call him until Tuesday. Hopefully getting out and doing this cleaning job will give her a lift. 

Hey @Determined
Are you able to focus on what is necessary and not stress about things that don't matter, don't forget to be super gentle with yourself.

If needed ARAFMI have 24 hour carer support 1800 351 881 regional Qld no or 07 3254 1881

Thanks @Former-Member thats a work in progress at the moment.

I think the immediate 'danger' if i can call it that has passed, i just need to, the best i can, keep some calm around her to prevent another trigger. Big boys are out until later tonight now so that takes a load off. 

Have a significant group assesment early on Tuesday that i have to prepare for, finding it hard to concentrate on that at the moment. 

Hi @Former-Member + everyone

My darling came home from her cleaning job looking a little better this afternoon, still very quiet but I was comfortable enough to leave her at home with bub so I could come to Uni. will be checking on her through the afternoon. Have promised her we will get some yard jobs done tomorrow, this has made her a little happier as they have been bothering her.

Hey @Determined

Take care Bro

Darcy

Hi @Former-Member

Darling is doing better tonight. Achieving a few goals today possibly helped. Still quiet though. 

I managed to put off Tuesday assesment by 1 week and have a backup plan in place for the student forum i am suppised to be co-chairing on Wednesday so the preassure is off me in a big way, means i can concentrate on supporting as required and getting some jobs done that are creating unnecessary stress. This should in turn see my darling rest a little easier. Still a long road to get over this last episode but looking positive short term. Moment by moment. 

How are things for you and mr Darcy. I am aware that you also have concerns. Thoughts are with you even in the midst of what is happening here. 

Hello @Former-Member, @Determined, @Former-Member, @Rose96, @Anony18

made a doctors appointment for mr Shaz for next week

he has gone back on his full meds again

The Dietician wants me to cut down on the carbs , and eat more green veges

Hope the appointment goes well @Shaz51, is mr shaz happy to go? Must be hard for both if you trying to sort the meds out. 

My darling dosent want to go to group classes anymore, too big a day with the drive added in. Leave at 7am get home 5 - 6pm. 

I have been trying to get back into green veg smoothies @Shaz51, find that much easier than trying to eat the amount of greens the doc recommends. Have a nutri ninger, they are great. Tried juicing a while ago but was too much washing afterwards, 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance