Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

Hiya 👋 big day here again. I had a great shift at the gig. Did some tricky SI assessment kind of stuff. It was good to see I could do it and not crumble under the pressure or with triggers. I left feeling super hopeful that maybe, mayyyybe one day I'll be able to do this work thing and get paid for it!

Thanks for your support @Maggie 💜 I'm excited for you with your new adventure though I get it's scary. I really hope you find some sense of place there and some acceptance of the awesome you you are. I hope today has had something good in it for you.

Thanks @Zoe7 for caring and replying. I felt a bit of a pang reading your message as I don't at all see it as a 'made their bed now lie in it alone' kind of situation. It's a parent who is not going to be around some day soon and I won't and don't want to be leaving them alone (no matter how much I feel alone with them at times), just doing some self-care over other-care this time (which in itself raises feelings of guilt and confusion and discomfort - complicated :face_with_rolling_eyes:😏). Thank you again though for caring and for listening.

My friendship/relationship/whatever the heck this is with he person is important to me and makes me happy, you're right. We left each other today both feeling good and looking forward to catching up when we can and chatting in between. It's exciting (kind of big time) 🙂

Sounds like another big day for you. Once again I hope there's some down time in there for you ❤

Yeah that was probably a little inconsiderate of me @CheerBear so sorry for that. Heart I cannot imagine the position you are in with unwell one - I know the difficulties I have had over the years with both my parents but I could also not imagine not having them around - so whilst their lack of care and support recently was hurtful there is still that very real need for you to spend as much time as you can with them while you still have them around.In saying that you also have the right to build a life for yourself apart from them and if this new connection with He is something you feel could develop into something a lot more then follow your heart Hon. Not going to the appointment with unwell one is putting yourself first - it does not mean that you do not care but you are setting priorities for yourself. 

It was wonderful to hear how well you dealt with some tricky today and even better that you can see a chance of that developing into paid work down the track. It also must allow you to feel you can return to study at some stage (that I know you really want to do) and today's handling of everything in such a positive way must give you a little more confidence that anything is possible. Super happy for you and super proud of how far you have come - the world is your oyster CB ...I truly believe that Heart

I really appreciate you stepping in to and being able to hear the above @Zoe7. Thanks so much for that ❤

Parents, families, relationships in general - tricky at times hey?!

I'm busting to return to study and have been thinking about it a lot. Have to take it tiny bit at a time. Get the kids back to school and then I'll have another look. The gig helps build my confidence a lot. I do well at this and I am starting to see and believe that which feels good.

I do think this could be something special and to an extent it is now. Like everything it seems, this too is tricky. Married for one. Life choices CheerBear :face_with_rolling_eyes: Very complicated.

Thanks again for your support and encouragement. I really, really appreciate it. Did you get some down time today?

It is tricky with He being married - and I can say I would not usually approve of someone being with someone else until that is sorted - but I also hear how happy He is making you so my heart is definitely winning over my head for you @CheerBear If this is making you so happy then I have nothing but support for you in pursuing 'whatever' it is or becomes. You deserve some happiness CB and the kind of feelings you have described are pretty special - I truly hope this is the beginning of something really great for you.

Going back to study a bit at a time is a wise move. You can do a little to tip your toes in again and I have no doubt that will give you the motivation to do more. The kids are getting older too so more able to look after themselves a little more while you study. Things are coming together for you CB Heart

Yes had some down time this afternoon. Had a sleep and watched tennis. I was really quite exhausted helping my sister this morning so I was pleased she didn't need me for more than a couple of hours. I am heading out a bit later to do the shopping, chemist and gets some plastic boxes from Kmart. I need to wait until I get paid - which is usually around 8pm - so that still gives me time to go where I need. Bunnings and the chemist close at 9pm, Kmart is 24/7 and the supermarket is midnight ...so heaps of time. It is likely to be a longer night for me again so I can finally get the spare room done.

It's definitely a divisive one @Zoe7 and I get the lack of general/usual approval. It's not a situation I thought I'd ever be in. To me it's been a lesson in judgement (and other things) as I'm experiencing, once again, how complicated things can be and how hard it can be to find a right or wrong when you're actually in a situation vs when you're watching one from outside. I like black and white. This is alllll grey :face_with_rolling_eyes:😖

You've been so busy so it's great to hear you've had some down time. Heading out late again - it feels like you're on a serious mission at the moment! Imagining how good it will feel to have it all done though. Hopefully there will be some time to enjoy it being finished before school goes back

I hopefully will have it all done completely (including the garage finished and the garden tidied up) by the end of this weekend @CheerBear Then next week I can take my time going into work and starting the planning I can do. It will certainly help longer term having it all sorted and in an order where I can find everything easily. Of course I have labelled each box and they are stacked according to what I am likely to need the most being at the front. I'll do the games tonight and then I can sort the rest of my books.

You have certainly been presented with 2 very tricky situations over the last couple of years - both of which have tested your own beliefs - but you are right ...we honestly do not know how we will deal with such situations until we are in them. Sometimes decisions need to be made with our head AND our heart - and if the outcome is opposed to what we had always thought we would do (or not do) then it is a judgement made with all the facts we have in front of us. As I said - your happiness (and excitement) at the moment is all the evidence I need that this is a good thing for you ...and so happy to see it Smiley Very Happy Life is not always black and while (unfortunately) so a little grey in a good way is okay ...maybe we can call him Mr Grey Smiley Tongue

It was feeding time at our zoo @Zoe7 🙂

It sounds like you've made the same link and connection as I did with the two tricky situations (the one now and the one a bit over a year ago). I super appreciate that you saw/see that 🙂 And haha with Mr Grey! That's a great name for him 😆😁

What a fabulous way to kick off the school year for you @Zoe7 🙂 Lots of work though!

So nice to catch you again. Thanks for the chat 😊

Mr Grey he shall forever be now @CheerBear Smiley Tongue

Yes two life changing tricky situations for you in relatively close time - very different but still need to be navigated in their own way. It seems Mr Grey treats you as an equal, cares very much for you and above all makes you happy so I really do hope this is just the beginning of something really special for you. You deserve nothing less Heart

Great to catch you this afternoon/evening too - always love me some CB time Heart

@CheerBear  It was/is good to read how well today went for you. I specially like Mr Grey, thanks @Zoe7 👍👍😁😁

I’ve done lots and lots of thinking about my adventures @CheerBear. Back and forth from, ‘ I won’t go back’ ‘to maybe I will.’

I know before I venture too far, my MI is going to be an issue. I know I don’t have to mention it, but I don’t t want to be ashamed of it either. I need my pain to be accepted. It’s a strange thing to be saying, but it has taught, is teaching me, soo much. I don’t mean I’m going to bear my soul, but I want to be authentic.

Anyway, I’ve done some searching online, and I’ve found, what looks like a good book on this very subject. I did have a sneaking suspicion, this was going to be my soap box. Though I won’t be shouting from the mountains .

Anyway @CheerBear  we are both in situations we never saw coming. Let’s see what happens. 

I hope tonight with the little crew is going ok.❤️❤️

@Zoe7  You are sounding tired. I hope the tennis will keep you and Toby on the couch for a while. Take care ❤️❤️

You are very right @Maggie I am tired. It is all starting to catch up with me a bit but I am determined to get it all finished this week so I can relax next week. Unfortunately Kmart did not have the boxes I was after so I will have to go to Big W tomorrow (today now) to get the ones they have there.There is only a dollar difference in price but they are the correct size and strength. Once I have them I will be able to finish off the room. I also need to move some timber tomorrow before it rains and then some roof sheeting to clear out my driveway. Then I can move the trailer in off the street.

Still a lot to do but it will be so good to have it all sorted. A week and a half to go until I go back to work but I am feeling good that things will be sorted and easily accessible when I need them. Eventually (when I save a little money) I am going to put a set of stairs in above the ceiling and store things in that space.There is enough space for a whole room up there so perfect for storage.

Going to try to get to sleep again - and hope for no more nightmares ...one woke me tonight and it has taken some time to settle enough to feel okay again. Hope you are okay and sleeping soundly right now yourself. Catch you in the morning if I am uo in time Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance