Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Taking the plunge

Yes it will be hard without Smithy @Gazza75 .  I cannot fathom why Starc hasnt got a game yet ... do you know?  Maybe he's injured but they just arent reporting it.  He should be playing in my opinion, and stirring up the Pommies a bit, like their West Indian import (Joffra Archer) is doing to us. My opinion is that Starc is our second best bowler after Cummins, and should be playing if he's fit.  Besides that he always does better with consistent work, he goes backwards from being rested.  Dont know, it just doesnt make sense to not play him.  They talk about rotation of bowlers, but this is the third test already.

@Former-Member I agree, he should be in there. Should of been in the 2nd game. Don't know why they would go back to Siddle. It's nonsense.

Batting line up is terrible, need more right handed players in there. 1 out of 6 isn't enough  

Think lions have Richmond, not 100% tho

Yeah we play Richmond on Sunday @Former-Member @Gazza75 It's at the MCG so I am not holding out hope for a win. It will be a good test for us though going into finals.

Going to watch some of the cricket tonight too @Former-Member - see if we can make some quick inroads into their batting order. Great to see Archer bowling so well just a shame it isn't for my Hurricanes and is for England Smiley Surprised

ohhhh yummmmmm @Gazza75 , @Maggie , @Zoe7 , @Former-Member , @Former-Member 

Welcome to the party @Shaz51 Smiley Tongue

Night everyone, have a good evening. Stay safe. Take care. 

Goodnight @Gazza75 Sleep well Smiley Very Happy

Former-Member
Not applicable

Nite @Gazza75  💤😴

Former-Member
Not applicable

Ah huh, very good @Zoe7  .. glad someone will be watching the cricket with me tonight.

I expect I will be able to watch the Lions against Richmond on Sunday Zoe.  Richmond had a good win last week, if I remember correctly, and will be hard to beat.  But the Lions are playing really well, and are a definite chance. My Raiders play at 4pm Sunday I think, and will switch to that game once it starts.

Thats right ... Archer played for Hurricanes in the BBL, didnt he?  I know there was talk he would have to be sent back to England in order to spend enough time in England to enable him to be Naturalised to play for England in the Ashes. They actually changed the rules to shorten the amount of time someone has to spend in the country to make them eligible to play for England.  Wish he was playing for the WI, where he aught to be.  Poor old WI could use him right now.  

Sherry 

Yeah you are right re Archer @Former-Member He was a bit of a cult hero in Tassie but never really performed as was expected - certainly making up for it now!

I think Richmond will beat us and it won't be a close one but it will be good for us to play on the MCG in preparation for finals. We haven't had many Melbourne games this year so will be a real test for us. Whatever position we end up on the ladder we will be playing a very good side in the first week of finals so will have to oull out all stops to get a win. I am not confident we will go far in the finals but super impressed at so many close matches we have actually won this year.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance