Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

Yes @outlander . I made a rubber band bracelet, waiting for the S clips to arrive so I can finish it.

Zoned out driving is a bit concerning @outlander even short distances. Don’t push too hard if you can help it. Though I know there are other pressures for you. 💜

Ah yes i know those sorts of meeting. They will happen... one day... lol.
Hope your drs go ok too @CheerBear

Um its a family members birthday today so im going over to their house for abit this arvo. Im making them one of their favourite cakes and have picked some nice decorative toppings when its cooled and iced. I cant eat it but i have the urge to make a cake lol but apart from that just some movies or colouring in. I was lucky enough to find an extra ball of the purple yarn i was running out of (the one online said they no longer stock and no where else had it 😬) on my travels at the shop so i can keep crocheting abit now when i feel able to concentrate enough. Im about half way through my blanket now and then my sister has requested i make her one. Ill make one out of squares as they work up quick but not sure on the pattern yet. She wants the same colours im using for this project as well.

Lovley @Maggie 🙂
We use to make 'scoobies' when i was at school. That was the in thing They were bracelets made through different techniques similar to plaiting with thin rubbery/plastic strands.

Yeah not much driving for me. No one else is home to take kids and even with me zoning out its still safer then pops driving 🤦‍♀️ i dont have to pick them up or anything or really go anywhere else so its ok thats pretty much my driving done for the day except a 10 min one to family members house abit later this evening

@outlander  Your pops driving sounds like mine. 😩😩😩 Glad I no longer drive. 😁😁

I like the sound of your cake, 🎂🎂🍰🍰🧁🧁sorry you won’t be able to eat any though.

Good luck at the Drs @CheerBear  and the kind of meeting. ❤️❤️❤️

Lol @Maggie he makes me seasick on land when he drives. He doesnt go far either though thankfully.

I know i really want to eat it to but its ok when im healed there will be plenty of time to make another one and everything else im missing out on. 🙂 have been told that itll be soft foods for around 2 weeks though could be abit longer depending on how its all healing on the inside. My new nicknames atm are chipmunk and gummy bear 🤣

@eth 👋💛

You sound in pretty good spirits @outlander. Not sure if you are or not, but you seem to be 🤞 Your cake sounds cool and yay for finding some extra yarn. It's such a pain when you're half way through something and they discontinue yarn! That might have something to do with my ridiculous yarn collection as I overstock usually 🤔😆

Thanks @Maggie 🙂 I have a gazillion other things I could be doing today but I'm thinking dr's is a good idea especially after psych flagged break place, and it's part of my responsibilities at the school to be available for meetings like this (though they'd understand if I couldn't be). Principal booked out a fancy meeting room for me to hold it today so I feel a bit special 😁 Sometimes I wonder who this person I can be is. The one looking like they have it together and all 😉

Love your latest stones. You and all the crafters inspire me to pick my stuff up again, or at least Pinterest things I'd like to do one day 😊

@outlander  🤣🤣🤣 Gummybear. 

My father refused to drive with me, he actually chose to walk. 🤣🤣 I took them out in a boat and demonstrated my ‘ lets Turn the boat around in a second’ trick. I found out he couldn’t swim. 😩😩😩😁😁😁

@CheerBear  Outside FINE is ok. We don’t have to wear our hearts on our sleeves, I don’t/ won’t anyway. Hope the Dr is supportive. Wish there was a break place for you. ❤️❤️

@eth  💜💕💜💕

im ok atm @CheerBear. it helps that so far (touch wood!) the pain is a little more manageable today. fingers crossed it stays that way but I haven't attempted to have anything besides a few sips of water. talking here is helpful to, gets me out of my own mind. plus anything crafty/arty is always good!

im planning on making another cake when I can, its something more challenging but ive wanted to make for a while but ill wait till things are more managed here. you would like this one so when i can ill make it and share it with you and our forum friends. I still run out of energy very quickly atm and this one takes more concentration and energy to make.

haha I don't have much yarn left actually ive been using the left over sorts to do the other projects ive done.
it had me worried that I wasn't going to be able to find any more of the purple. there was only 1 yarn roll left so every time pay day im going to try and get one or 2 rolls till ill have enough to make sisters blanket. ill have to start a ridiculous yarn collection cause that sounds like fun 😏🌈
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance