Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Bimby2
Senior Contributor

Our experience and stories

Still coping as well as possible with injured back situation but do other forum members believe that

our pets know when we are feeling down and something is a problem? Bung, my pet/friend magpie,which

I haven't seen for several days, called for his food ration handout and gave me a lovely warbling sound

as if to say thank you! Pets in our lives are such treaured creatures and give us a sense of feeling

wanted by them. Keep flying free Bung, even with your damaged wing. Bimby2

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Our experience and stories

Hi @Bimby2,

How wonderful that you have a magpie who visits. I love that warbling sound, so musically complex and communicative. I have no pets but at various times there have been visiting animals in my life. I particularly remember a stray cat who befriended me at a place I lived temporarily when I was going through a lot of emotional difficulty. She would come visit me around midnight after I knocked off from my job at the time, and just circle around and sit with me while I was out the back for a bit of a breather and sometimes a bit of a cry. I agree that animals do sometimes have an uncanny sense of when we need a bit of company and cheering up from them. Hope your back gets in some good healing over the weekend and that there are some bright moments in your days. 

Re: Our experience and stories

I agree with maz.  Its even more special because your magpie is flying free and returns to you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance