Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: No More

It is exhausting @Snowflake11 

@and it’s really hard for others to understand. 

Hugs 🤗❤️

@BPDSurvivor can I ask? How did you accept your BPD? 

alcohol free by nearly 19mths, way to go my awesome friend @Snowflake11 , we are here for you

hello and hugs @BPDSurvivor , @BlueBay , @CheerBear , @Molliex Heart

@BlueBay wrote:

It is exhausting @Snowflake11 

@and it’s really hard for others to understand. 

Hugs 🤗❤️

@BPDSurvivor can I ask? How did you accept your BPD? 

@BlueBay, of course you can ask. That’s why we are all here! I’m glad you asked.

I used to fight BPD so much and wanted it to just ‘go away’. But later, I realised that my BPD has helped shape me. It has enabled me to empathise with people where others simply do not know how; it has enabled me to comfort those who feel emotionally vulnerable as I has also been in that situation; it has given me the right words to say when someone feels all is lost...

Although BPD sometimes makes me feel I am a child emotionally, and cannot cope with emotional pain, it has enabled me to see the vulnerability of other sufferers, and hence offer a helping hand.

My BPD has really changed me and not just in a negative way.

Thankyou for your reply @BPDSurvivor 

@I just don’t know where to start. 

I have a lot of things in my life (child sexual abuse) that I need to accept incl BPD. But it’s difficult. I feel that I act like a child when I’m so emotional. 

I need to get it in my head thst accepting doesn’t meant it was ok for the things that happened to me. It’s hatd for my BPD thinking to understand. 

At the moment I’m very angry with my BPD. I’m sngry at who I’ve become and my BPD behaviour. 

Im angry st my extreme emotions. 

@Shaz51... Thanks so much, it's great to be here that's for sure. Sift landings feel great. Yeah the no drinking thing is bloody amazing. Boy there are times when my head and body are going crazy for relief that pills don't bring but vodka would. But - I know that would be a catastrophically dumb thing to do.

@BlueBay that's a great way to look at it. I guess it is what it is. So rather than fight it, just embrace and work through. It's amazing how things change when we let go. Thanks for the great tip 😘

@BlueBay... Sorry think I tagged you when I should've tagged @BPDSurvivor.
You sound like you're really struggling with what's happening in your world right now.,. Hope tomorrow is a better day for you. Sometimes the simple things can help on those days I find. Like back to basics; mindfulness, taking a walk, doing a crossword, drawing etc. But sometimes nothing works huh. Big hugs x

how did you go today my @Snowflake11 Heart

Hello and hugs @BPDSurvivor , @CheerBear , @Molliex , @BlueBay Heart

@Snowflake11  ,

And yes, there are days when I feel so overwhelmed that I just curl up in bed and sleep!

hugs @Shaz51 

You do what you do to get through the moment. Don’t think about 5mins time, don’t think about what to do in 10mins, or in an hour, in the evening or tomorrow, or next week. Just do whatever it takes to get through the moment...minute by minute.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance