Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

cmumc
New Contributor

Loneliness

Hi there, I'm new to this forum, I've joined in an attempt to make some new friends.

I suffer from complex PTSD and am quite agoraphobic.

This has only been as I've hit my mid-life and I've found it rather difficult.

I so miss physically having someone there and am quite geographically isolated, living in FNQ, Cairns.

I used to enjoy being alone, but now I'm finding it overcoming.

I'd be happy to chat to anyone.

I'm a single mother of a tween, who is becoming more and more independent.

I'm sure there are others out there, battling loneliness.

Please reach out 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
Dimity
Senior Contributor

Re: Loneliness

Hello @cmumc and welcome.

I hear you.

I hope you connect with people in a similar situation - there are lots of social threads and mums with kids of similar age. And there's others in FNQ but we do have to be careful with anonymity so we don't share a lot of detail about where we live.

Best wishes

Dimity

Sand
Casual Contributor

G'day @cmumc

I moved around from rural location to rural location for my wife's work and became quite isolated, which didn't matter until recently.

After 15 years together I nearly lost her, then when she was in hospital it came out that she was gay and no longer wanted to live a lie. She was my best friend and I didn't really have a life of my own, our friends were almost all her coworkers. I didn't realise how alone I was until this came out.

Now I am having to deal with crippling loneliness and try to pick up the pieces of my life. Happy to chat to other people who are going through hard times. 

Your situation resonates with me and grieves me. Married for decades and then dumped just as our children left home. I guess I was stupid not to read the writing on the wall. Now I need to find new friends.  A skill I never had. I  am so lonely and sad.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance