Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Life can be a Pain

Thinking of you  @Owlunar .

Hi @Maggie @BlueBay @Shaz51 @outlander @Zoe7 

I haven't been in lately - I have been disturbed half the night with the pain in my knee and then slept in each morning and felt drowsy and late starting and then chasing my tail for the rest of the day 

But last night I slept on the couch running my DVR and slept quite well and I have been up for a while and feel better - totally irritated with myself for being so slow but then

I have to learn there are times when I have to take it easier because like everyone else - I am not getting any younger

And my doctor agrees I have a good attittude - part of all of this is because I am bored stiff with winter - it has been a long hard winter this year and everyone feels the same - I am totally convinced

But I have booked my trip to Cairns in a few weeks - very soon actually and I will be away for nearly two weeks - I am taking the holiday I have been waiting for because of my old cat - last year I was there for a few days and worried about my Companion Cat the whole time - I wanted to change my iternery to stay a few days longer but I was concerned about her and she got very sick after I returned and that was the end of her story - but this year - I am really looking forward to going and wish everyone else could either come with me or enjoy something similar

So things are looking up since I did all of that - and the idea is to go to sleep earlier and if I need to sleep on the couch with the DVR running then so be it - it's so much easier to get up in the morning

Oh gee - I just realised that it's already Friday and this is a busy day - I actually forget - gotta get moving - catch up later everyone and thanks for your kind thoughts Heart

Dec

Hi @Owlunar 

that’s not good about your knee. 

Take it easy. Been thinking about you. I’m so happy you have booked your holiday to cairns. 

Thats exciting and the weather will be warm. 

I’m still looking at getting return tickets from Sunshine Coast at a cheap price. But they’re going up so I think we may have to get them soon. Not sure there’ll be another sale. It’s hard to know. 

My boys came back from Bali this morning. Got home st 7.30am. They said hi and first thing they both said was “where’s A”. Then the went to bed. 

Hope you’re taking it easy. ❤️

Great that you have planned your trip to Cairns @Owlunar and also that you have been taking it easy on yourelf despite your pain. Hope your super busy day was not too hard on you. Hugs and hugs Heart

ha ha love your boys @BlueBay , they are great uncles to A xxx

@Owlunar  i love to drive to cairns and meet you xoxo

Thanks @Shaz51 @Zoe7 @Maggie 

I definitely feel much better today than I have been feeling for a week - I don't have much patience with myself when I have an injury - maybe I have complained to my doctor a bit too much because he is thinking I should have an Xray or an MRI - but I will wait and see how I feel when I get back from Cairns - the last time I was there I did a lot of walking and walked the problem out - maybe I can do this myself - I value the power of my mind to overcome this sort of thing - 

But if I am still having a problem when I get home I will ask for a referral to my Orthopaedic Surgeon - how bleak

I have started to sort some stuff out to pack - I can do my laundry where I am going for a very reasonable price - let's take the minimum and wash it all half way through and then before coming home

And it would be so great to meet Shaz - but we have to maintain our individuality - which is probably be a good idea is most cases but it would be sooooo great to see some people

However - backspace a few years - I did meet a couple of people I had met on-line - I have no doubt they were fine people but they were not whom I thought of before I met them and the magic was gone - of course - I was not the person they thought I might be either

Sometimes we want what we can't have and to me - this is part of the magical nature of on-line life - 

I can hear you having a bad time BlueBay - blame the weather - I am sure that's one reason I have felt so crappy lately

Dec

@Owlunar  It sounds like a good plan

Getting away for awhile will be just what the dr ordered no doubt, though I know it was not his order. Change changes things.

Winter is coming to an end, for many, that will be a good thing. My hate season is summer, strange I know, but heat drains me dry.

I hope you really enjoy your time away, and manage to walk,if pain allows. Take care of yourself @Owlunar .

hope you feel better soon @Owlunar Heart

have a great trip and glad it is not summer up here yet --- too hot

but we have to maintain our individuality - which is probably be a good idea --- I agree too xx

Thanks @Shaz51  and @Maggie 

My doctor doesn't order trips as a treatment but is very pleased that I take them myself - he has other patients who are always organising themselves into something - and this is my 8th trip since my mother passed - starting October 2015 - and I am planning another local trip in February I think and then next winter - hopefully - Darwin

I am getting bold in my old age - in fact I talk to other tourists a lot - I meet more than a few older ladies - older than myself - still travelling alone - and doing the whole thing is style is so great for my self-esteem - and this time I took the extra days because it was hard to get a return trip in my favourite places - front row window seat - so I stuck with my plan and finally got the front row window seat return - such decadence!! and why not?

We are having wonderful weather today - after a really cold and horrible day yesterday and now - mid-afternoon - my headache is wearing off - I did not need a migraine but that's what it was - not a bad one though - just enough to make me take something strong for it and actually go back to sleep listening to the TV - and then - a coffee and a vegemite sandwich seemed to help - do I cook tonight or just have soup?

Easy does it - how about soup - that should be enough for today

And yes - individuality - I think these forums are one place where we really can be ourselves - no one knows our name or our face - I never repeat what I read here - it is so anonymous - it feels like real freedom to me - though I am pretty honest and open most of the time anyway - not a bubbly person at all - but certainly a nerd - love to read and study

But I got a good night's sleep last night and woke up and got up earlier than I have been - had it not been for the headache I would have taken a walk but that's the way the cookie crumbles Smiley Sad du'h - perhaps I will walk when the sun goes down

I hope everyone is having the best possible they can considering their circumstances

Dec

@Owlunar  I do enjoy the way you and many others here can chat, get things out of your head kind of thing. I’m not at all good at that, but at times,I’m getting a bit better.

I get migraines also. So very draining.

Our weather has improved today also, after a frosty start.

Front row window seat sounds good to me, best view on the plane.

I’m pretty sure you will enjoy your time away, take care.💕💜

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance