Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Let`s talk about Bipolar

Hey @MermaidHair  mood shifts suck, I hate that you can't be sure you can follow through on things. I'm glad your low was a short one.

I have been doing pretty well, or I thought I was. Possibly things have been sneakily getting worse since I woke up with SI this morning. Also woke up at 2 AM which is a bad sign. I've been sleeping so much better and doing better mentally so it is frustrating.

Well, nothing new, nothing new. hopefully I can get some sleep before work though I somehow doubt it. Just have to get through things for now.

Just do what you can @Acanthiza . That's all anyone can ask of you.

We're here to support you.

@Bipolar-II 

Hello and welcome 

Come and meet @Dimity , @KirSa_EnigmA , @MermaidHair , @Acanthiza , @tyme , @Captain24 

@Shaz51

Thank you for the warm welcome and for pointing me in the right direction. I appreciate the support.

Hi all! It’s great to meet you. I hope you’re all doing well and I’m excited to connect with you and learn about your experiences. 

Hello @Bipolar-II 

Hope you having a nice Easter weekend 

You are welcome to have a read of all the pages before this one 

And you are welcome to share your story whenever you want to 

I will tag @Jynx , @Captain24 , @PinkFlamingo 

My husband has had lots of diagnosis such as anxiety,  depression,  bipolar 11 , adhd and they think he has ASD now 

Hi @Bipolar-II 

Welcome to the forums. 

I have bipolar 2 and was diagnosed nearly 2 years ago. I’m still trying to come to terms with it and struggle to manage it. I also have cPTSD and anxiety issues. 

Hey there @Bipolar-II 

PinkFlamingo peer guide volunteer here 🙂

Welcome to the forums, and I hope to chat with you sometime - feel free to use the ‘@‘ to tag us! 
@Shaz51 thanks for the tag 🌺🙂

I live with anxiety, social phobia, and cPTSD, and physical health issues. 
I have had deep depression for a number of years in the past, however I do my best to manage that as best I can these days 🙂

Take good care, and hope to chat with you anytime 🦩🙂

@Shaz51 

Thank you. That is a great idea! I’ll be sure to run through the prior pages when time permits. And thank you for sharing your experience with me.

@Captain24 @PinkFlamingo Hello! Thank you both for the welcome and for being open with your experiences too.

It’s always helpful to know that you’re not alone.

As for my story, well it’s all relatively new. Anxiety and depression have been an ongoing battle for some time now. My ADHD was only retrospectively diagnosed as an adult last year, and the bipolar diagnosis happened 2 weeks ago, so @Captain24 I can empathise with the feelings you’ve shared regarding acceptance. I suppose this news, along with a recent deterioration in my ability to continue operating at the capacity I was with my symptoms has lead me to a new pathway of trying to be more open and proactive about my struggles. Like you, @PinkFlamingo I’m hoping to get to a point of managing things as best I can, while remaining aware that it may not always be that simple.

Thank you all again for the warm welcome and vulnerability. I’m looking forward to being able to support you all in your journeys as I navigate this myself too.

No worries @Bipolar-II 🙂

I can really relate to being more open and proactive regarding struggles; over the years I found it took a lot of energy trying to keep up appearances, while trying to manage. 
I hope things can go as smooth as possible as you make your way through adjusting to things 🌺🙂

It’s great you’re here, and thank you kindly for your support too! ☺️🌺

Hello... greetings @PinkFlamingo @Shaz51 @Captain24 @tyme and all

Hope you're doing OK. I'm lost and confused. Severely depressed and realising the weight of old cptsd I've never unpacked or dealt with. Struggling day by day. I'm between GPs, although I also have physical health issues, and trying to read my psychologist as not-hostile. Still taking meds and catching up with psychiatrist from time to time. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance