Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Just saying hi

I haven't been here for a while. Things kind of imploded in spectacular fashion earlier this year and I was in hospital for a while. I have a new dx which seems both odd and perfectly understandable at the same time LOL

Anyway, I've been home and back at work for about a month now and everything seems to be going fine so I thought I'd check in here, although I will probably just lurk for a bit after this post. I also wanted to say thank you to the people here who were really supportive before/during the start of the implosion.

Best wishes.

5 REPLIES 5
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Just saying hi

Hi Briar,

Sounds like you're in a good place at the moment. Hope it stays that way!

Take care

Hi @Former-Member. I'm in similar circumstances. Things got a bit crazy, and I've had some further diagnoses added to my  bag of tricks. So now it's; CRPS (complex regional pain syndrome), chronic fatigue, clinical depression, ASD (autism), OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder), BDD (body dismorphic disorder), BED (eating disorder), vulvodynia, social phobia, anxiety disorder and probably ADHD. Oh, yay. And through all this I'm trying hard to be a mother, a domestic organiser, a case manager and Carer, and, oh yeah, just in case I forgot....  myself.

And yeah, I've been doing a bit of lurking too.  And feeling really disturbed after stumbling into the "deep web". My sociological training and my curiosity piqued, I followed some links through dark fan fiction and found some seriously disturbing material, and I'm allegedly 'weird'....  I think I need to add "really naive"to my above list. I had no idea it really existed. I had thought it was an xfiles/conspiracy thing. I have been trembling. Great way to feed my already fragile social world view. And now I'm frightened that my even less socially capable children might also stumble in.. The internet can be amazing, can offer considerable positive content to people who have socially debilitating issues; but there's a lot of really sick stuff out there too.

Glad to hear you're going well at the moment @Former-Member, nice to "see" you around! Smiley Happy

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks Shimmer 🙂

@GothMum you have more letters than me! I was able to trade in some in exchange for my latest dx, which I'm pleased about. You should list them after your name in your email sig. People would have no idea what they mean and would think you were extremely learned 🙂

The darkweb... I remember when I did my undergrad, I did a subject that touched on what I think was probably the beginnings of the darkweb, things like freenet(?) This was in the late 90s. I was probably (maybe like you) dangerously curious so I downloaded the software and went exploring and regretted it later. Images I saw there will be with me forever. I'm sure it will have developed massively since then, like the rest of the web, and can only imagine what that would mean. Then when you realise these are actually real people, faceless in the real world, who knows where they are, ugh. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @GothMum, how are you doing?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance