Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Zoe7
Community Guide

Re: HOME

It is going to be really nice westher over the next few days so I am hoping to get more done in the garden @utopia Most of the housework can wait until later in the week when it is execting to rain on and off. Today I need to get to Bunnings before midday as that is when my sister is droping off her dog otherwise I will need to leave it until tomorrow.

Hope you have a good day today and feel a little more alive Heart

utopia
Senior Contributor

Thanks @Zoe7. Woke up feeling good . Amazing what a 'day off' does to recharge my batteries. 

Gorgeous sunny day here.  Have to head off to the supermarket soon.  Running low on food. 

Might sit and read my book in the sun.  Then have heaps of washing to put away. And the kitchen to clean.  Can't put these things off any longer. 

Hope you find what you are looking for at Buntings.  Enjoy your day. ❤

Zoe7
Community Guide

Yes I got the rose I wanted at Bunnings - straight in and out today - no wandering around as I knew I didn't have the time this morning. My sister will be here with her dog in less than 2 hours so need to get a few things done before he gets here. 

Hope you have a great day reading in the sun - not so much with the housework but I suppose it needs to be done at some stage @utopia Smiley Tongue

utopia
Senior Contributor

Feeling flat and down.  Teary but I can't cry. 

House is a mess.  Finances are a mess.  Life is a mess. 

Negative self talk getting louder and louder. 

Feeling sorry for myself. 

Feel that life will just keep repeating the same old shite. 

It's hard to keep swimming when we feel that way @utopia, but if it's any consolation, I see (hear) a difference in you when you are getting on with the things you can and staying focused on that.  There can be incremental changes that we don't see, or notice in ourselves, that are in fact moving forward.

Apart from anything else, life itself doesn't stay the same.  Your son will continue through the stages of growing up, and they will chop and change as he goes, and one day you will find yourself standing before a fine young man who you helped to get there ..... one who has shouldered at least some of your values, and actually values you as a reference person in his life when he wants to know how to approach something new that is happening for him, or calls you to share his success with a bounce in his step and a laugh in his voice ..... wait for these things .... they are ahead of you yet.

Baby steps are about doing the things in this day that we can do ..... and sometimes breathing through the 24 hours is enough ..... when you are tired, rest .... just find something to zone out with and take a rest from this day if you have had enough of it .....

Hugs, hugs and more hugs ..... hearing you .... sitting with you .....

💜💜💜

soul
Community Elder

Hi @utopia - checking in to see how you are. Sorry to hear that it’s not a good day for you. Recognise it for what it is and allow it to pass. It will. Better times are ahead.

How is the painting of the door frames going? Must freshen up the look of your place. 

I just listened to some some music I hadn’t heard for ages - at least ten years or more and I knew all the words. Amazing how the brain can pull out this stuff. 

BlueBay
Senior Contributor

Hi @utopia

Hugs my friend. ❤️❤️

frog
Community Elder

Hello @utopia it sounds hard battling on several fronts at once. Feeling sorry for yourself is ok, particularly if you can do something self-care wise. I *still* (maybe always) struggle with taking care of myself. I'm really tired but don't feel like I can rest because there's stuff I should be doing. So I go slower and slower Smiley Frustrated Do you remeber Anker? I saw a number plate with it on! Laughed and thought of you.

Zoe7
Community Guide

Some days are like that @utopia - there is often no rhyme or reason to it. You beging to question yourself and everything that you have achieved. You have done a lot this week - painting and housework and sometimes we do a little too much but don't realise it at the time. Now is simply a time to relax and let yourself rest - we all need that sometimes. Don't be too disheartened that you are feeling this way - it is a bump in the road and that road we all know has many bumps. That does not mean you are heading off the road - just that you have encountered a bump or two along the journey. 

Hoping tomorrow is a little better for you my beautiful cocky friend. Heart

utopia
Senior Contributor

Kind and helpful words my Forum Friends.  Thank you. 

Going to sleep for a while. ♥

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance