Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Going into hospital this coming Friday 10/6

I have been struggling for a little bit and decided last week I needed to reach out for some support and help. I phoned the private clinic last Friday and within a few hours they decided it was best that I come into hospital and felt quite supported by the clinical team.

And today I had another phone call from the team and had another assessment over the phone to check in with me, and to make sure I was okay. It is now confirmed I will be admitted next Friday at 11am. The clinic is interstate so I have decided to go down a few days beforehand so I can settle down their prior to my admission.

I'm a bit nervous about going down but I feel so greatful for the opportunity to get some help & support. I'm trying to prepare myself mentality for the admission and what I hope to achieve from the admission. I just hope I am making the right to decision to go back ino hospital.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Going into hospital this coming Friday 10/6

Hi @Former-Member

I think you are so brave for asking for help and now being accepted into a clinic.  To get help and support is what you need and you will get it.  I think it's a good idea to go a few days before to feel at ease before being admitted. 

Take it easy; you will be fine, you will have the support from the staff and psychs.  I was admitted last year into a private clinic and i was so amazed at how much support i received.  I was very nervous before I went in but after a few hours I was okay. And if you are feeling anxious about anything pls speak to the staff they will be very supportive.

I wish you all the best while you stay there.  Take care, i will be thinking of you.  hope to hear how you go.

Did i read somewhere that you were on Blueboard?  If yes, I was on there but only for a little while.  I was called bluebay.  Not sure if you remember, but i think i remember that you chatted to me a few times.

Good luck @Former-Member xxx

Good Luck with your admission @oceang You seem focussed and clear about what you can do and what you can expect. Warm regards Apple

@Former-Member

Sorry to read that you are feeling unwell again my friend - I am surprised as I thought you were doing so well. Did you end up gaining adequate treatment for your menopause? Did anything happen to trigger the way you are feeling? I hope the closure of Blueboard was not a contributing factor.

All the best with your admission by friend - I will be thinking of you. If you ever need to talk I am here for you. Sending much love and warm hugs xx

@Sadgirl wrote:

Hi @Former-Member

I think you are so brave for asking for help and now being accepted into a clinic.  To get help and support is what you need and you will get it.  I think it's a good idea to go a few days before to feel at ease before being admitted. 

Take it easy; you will be fine, you will have the support from the staff and psychs.  I was admitted last year into a private clinic and i was so amazed at how much support i received.  I was very nervous before I went in but after a few hours I was okay. And if you are feeling anxious about anything pls speak to the staff they will be very supportive.

I wish you all the best while you stay there.  Take care, i will be thinking of you.  hope to hear how you go.

Did i read somewhere that you were on Blueboard?  If yes, I was on there but only for a little while.  I was called bluebay.  Not sure if you remember, but i think i remember that you chatted to me a few times.

Good luck @Former-Member xxx

Hi @BlueBay

Thank you for your kind words & support.

Unfortunately may need to reschedule my admission because my dog is sick again, I have a staffordshire bull terrier and today I found a lump on her. Kira as been having treatment for cancer the last 3 and half years. Tomorrow I will be getting Kira in to see the vet and hopefully he can operate tomorrow or the next day. It has only been over a month since her last surgery.

I think a later date might be better, and I can focus on my physical health, and go down there really focused on doing the group therapy, and getting as much out of the program as I can. I will have to call the clinic tomorrow about changing my admission date, and I hope they understand why I need to do this.

Yes I was on BB, but can't remember chatting with you sorry. Hopefully we can chat some more here.

@Appleblossom wrote:
@good Luck with your admission @oceang You seem focussed and clear about what you can do and what you can expect. Warm regards Apple

Thank you @Appleblossom for your message. I'm probably going to have to reschedule my admission at this stage - it can't be helped. Once again thanks for your message and words of support.

@OverTheEdge wrote:

@Former-Member

Sorry to read that you are feeling unwell again my friend - I am surprised as I thought you were doing so well. Did you end up gaining adequate treatment for your menopause? Did anything happen to trigger the way you are feeling? I hope the closure of Blueboard was not a contributing factor.

All the best with your admission by friend - I will be thinking of you. If you ever need to talk I am here for you. Sending much love and warm hugs xx

@Former-Member

I think, I am overly hard on myself and that is one of the factors and probably my physical health too. I have not had any more treatment for my POF- I did start some hormone treatment earlier in the year but I had to stop because it didn't agree with me. In some ways I have improved with me doing regular exercise and exercise psychologist appointments~ I do this to mange my anxiety and depression.

At times, I am little better but I am still not functioning anywhere knew I was prior to my depression and part of this is that I am burnt out. Prior to my depression I was really pushing myself and I think it just shows how deep my depression was because it has been over three years now. I really don't want to go back to where I was and I rather reach out for help earlier.

Unfortunately today I found a lump on my staffy so it looks like I will have to reschedule the admission until Kira is better and I can travel interstate for treatment. I hope what I have written makes sense OTE.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance