Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Games and other hypnotic activities

It is NICE to know I am not so weird after all. PC games are okay in moderation, I adore Skyrim...but I have a clock nearby, so I can keep track of the time, because I feel it is frivolous and time wasting.

I am a passionate needle worker which provides evidence of time consumed. 1985 was a non event for me, an involuntary patient for a year, but I have some pictures I created with needle and thread, and also some crocheted rugs.

It must be disheartening for the bipolar folk who get wound up tight and then have to pick up the mess afterward.

Just for the record I am 55, which is pretty amazing as I tried very hard not to have a lengthy life.

Hey @Neb, I am so glad you are having a lengthy life as your wisdom shines through on this forum!
I love needlework too, and I bought from Aldi a magnifying lamp..brilliant for closeup work!

Games.

During Depression its all i have to keep the bad thoughts away. During mania its all i have to stop myself from doing really stupid things.

But in itself its an addiction, a endless senario.

I LOVE my games, console or PC, so many different types. I love RPG because i can be something more than i am, and i can escape my cicumstances even for a moment. It helps as a bandaid.

But its not a solution. But i LOVE my games lol

Only thing i cant and wont give up. hardly ever drink, no durgs no smoking even eating not bad these days. But i cant give up my games.....Its all i have to manage my moods.

Well save for this new medication combo that seem to actually be helping ! appart from the side effects.

Playing to many games has side effects too, but it also has posatives.. seems like everything that helps us has negative side effects -.-

But GG #videogames

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance