Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Dealing with intrusive thoughts - my struggle!

Hi @Angels333 , thanks for replying. I am really happy to hear from you.

Just getting by is as much as many of us can expect right now. The fact you know you're not at immediate risk is good - please reach out to your pdoc and Mr Angels, other supports, if you feel you're moving in that direction. I see that you have posted in your own thread so I will reply to you further there.

I am going ok. Some days are good, some days are awful. I am fearful of what will happen in the coming year, but trying to count my blessings for what I have now. I haven't used SH this year and I am proud of that. My little one is great - i think that she is really thriving having us around more, and not being so busy. Silver linings...

Pop on this thread any time. I will always come when tagged. Here for you 

Hey @Molliex 

Sorry to hear re the awful days,  I  do understand though I have them too.   Yes there are definitely some silver linings for you with your little one there.

I will definitely sort out a Pdoc appt today , talking to Mr Angels will be a bit harder as he worries and honestly he gets frustrated with me I think he.... I know he gets tired of being the carer in the relationship. 

His frustration can make me more depressed so I  have to tread carefully. 

I really hope you get some sunshine in your day today my friend 🥰🥰

When this lockdown started I was able to stay reasonably positive. But as it's dragged on, I've fell back into a deep depression. I'm struggling to have hope or positive feelings. Every day feels the same and I feel like I'm suffocating with how small my world has become. I've never had social anxiety, but I now find myself very shaky and nervous if I have to go out.

I'm sure none of this is unique, and many feel the same. I'm exercising, meditating, and staying in contact with friends the best I can. But it's hard. I'm not sleeping much, and I'm over it..

Talking with my psychologist on Monday, so hopefully that helps.

@Angels333 @BlueBay @Shaz51 @Zoe7 @MDT @outlander @Former-Member @Faith-and-Hope @TAB @Former-Member @eth and anyone else who is reading 🌻🌻🌻

Sorry to hear all that @Molliex ... but hang in there, things will improve. 

Sherry 

Image result for hang in there, things will get better

thinking of you @Molliex
isolation is definently proving be very challenging for some people but it sounds like your doing all the right things for yourself
maybe try to do some things outside as well, it may help you adjust to being outdoors more, even just by going for a short walk around the block or doing a hobby outside like reading a book with a cup of tea or gardening

Hope it helps @Molliex

I hope talking to your psychologist helps @Molliex It certainly is a tough time for so many but not sleeping much would undoubtedly be adding to your feelings and depression. It is hard enough being isolated without depression creeping back in too - feel for you Hon Smiley Sad

Hey @Molliex 

I completely understand the depression creeping back in.   Maybe that increase in meds is still an option that you talked about with your psychiatrist?   Of course talking to your psychologist will be good tomorrow.  Is it face to face or telehealth?    

I suffer debilitating social anxiety.   Going to work/church/volunteering etc   I  really struggle to enjoy myself.    And now everything has stopped I  was feeling so much better at home but my social anxiety is also worse going out and even zoom meetings stress me out.   I think it's natural to feel this way❤

Talk to you psychologist and get some strategies.   I find checking the facts really helpful it's a DBT skill and there's a few others.

Other than that I am so sorry you're feeling this way but am glad you reached out here my friend xx

Are you working tomorrow and all week?    Praying for you Molls 💐

❤🧡💛💚💙💜

Love Angels333 

Hi @outlander. Thanks for your reply. I've been going for a long walk every day. I really like that, it helps me wake up. Yesterday I did some colouring in my garden. It's just encountering groups of people that I struggle with.

How are you going? 

Thank you @Zoe7. Lack of sleep really does make everything harder than it needs to be. How are you going? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance