Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Ali4
New Contributor

Bipolar and ptsd

Successfully regulating bi polar with or without medication

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Bipolar and ptsd

Hi @Ali4 

Welcome to the forums! I am FloatingFeather - a peer support worker and I am also pretty new here.

I can only go off my own lived experience with a family member who has bipolar.  In his case his bipolar is pretty much successfully regulated with medication alongside support from professionals and family. 

If you are interested in more information on bipolar head over to our information and resources tab or use the magnifying icon to search topics such as bipolar, ptsd, etc.

This is such a great place to find support and connect with others. So glad you joined us 🙂

Best wishes, 

FloatingFeather

Hey there @Ali4 

Welcome to the forums, it's great to see you here. I'm hanami, one of the peer workers on the forums.

I hope you'll find lots of support in our wonderful community. I'm going to add a tag of 'bipolar' to your post so you can click on it and find more information about how others cope with this diagnosis. 

Do you have a treating team for your bipolar? 

A handy tip for the forums is to type the @ and it will drop down the member's name so they can see your reply or comment.

Sending hugs

Hanami 💮

Well the short answer is maybe medication and definitely whatever other stuff makes you feel like your better self. But, that's the short answer.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance