Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Missdaisy123
Casual Contributor

Anxiety and panic attacks

Hello ime new here so I have no idea what ime doing..

Ive lived with anxiety since I can ever remember..

Ime looking to get some insight in others experience with increased anxiety and heart palpitations with thyroid issues..

I feel like I am suffering from hyperthyroidism but my blood result is ok..Any help with these would be greatly appreciated..

I've seen an endocrinologist who believes it's a chemical imbalance in my brain..

My first endocrine dr believed I had mild hyperthyroidism..

I am now on a beta blocker to help with pulpitation and tachycardia since being diagnosed with a toxic thyroid nodule..I have had a surgeon look at my thyroid scan and ime a waiting list for surgery to take out half of my thyroid. 

Ime in belief that its intwined with severe anxiety and making my anxiety 10times worse..I guess ime looking for people that have experienced similar to get some insight..Thank you 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Anxiety and panic attacks

Hey @Missdaisy123  - Welcome to the SANE forums!

It's great to have you here and thanks for telling the community a bit about yourself.   I'm sure the forum members will be able to offer you support, information and connection   I'm the moderator this evening.   Feel free to ask the SANE forum team or the members if you need help with how to use the forum. You might like to check out the Guidelines as they can be a pretty useful in understanding how it all works  https://saneforums.org/t5/help/faqpage#community-guidelines.  Take care and enjoy the rest of our evening🌻

Hi miss daisy! I have Hashimotos and hypothyroidism. It definitely affects my anxiety - please keep searching for answers and don’t take no for an answer. We know our bodies and we know when something is wrong. I am so sorry that you are left with no diagnosis but you’re not alone. I’m going through a flare up at the moment and I can see my heart beating out of my chest from anxiety, my hair has fallen out in clumps over night, my face is puffy and I’m retaining water in my legs! And there is nothing I can do about it. So I beg you keep asking for tests until they find what is happening)z you shouldn’t be struggling without help. Take care and good luck

Hi Miss Daisy,

Sorry to hear about your struggle. My only advice would be to keep searching and definitely get a second opinion on the surgery. It seems drastic, (but of course may not be), it's better to be 100% sure before treatment like that IMHO. Just for interest, has the Beta Blocker been helping?

Hi Dothemo

Beta blockers help a little but I still experience pulpitations and tachycardia.. 

Ime considering another cardiology review..

I don't believe this is coming from my anxiety alone at all..It feels like it's coming from the thyroid..my heart symptoms started when I felt the lump in my neck and my hair started falling out along with fatigue and exercise intollerance..

Weakness in arms and legs also..

The endocrine dr is blaming my mental health ..

I know my body..Thanks for responding

Hi and welcome, @Missdaisy123  and @EmpatheticSoul , and hello also, @Dothemo !

Just letting you all know that if you type @ and then click on a member's name in the drop-down box, that person will get a notification that you've replied to them - like I tagged you all above. 

I hope you are enjoying the forums and finding them supportive...

Hi @Dothemo 

Ime on betablocker morning and night 

Still experience heart symptoms..Its a nightmare..

Endocrinologist said its anxiety but I believe it is hyperthyroidism elevating my anxiety..

Ime seeing a mental health team soon and psychologist so hope they can help..in the meantime ime going to get my thyroid checked again for antibodies and t3 and t4 and tsh checked..

Its difficult as I know my anxiety I've lived with all my life isn't the same as ime experiencing with this thyroid issue..

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance