Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

@Faith-and-Hope @CheerBear @utopia this headache is really taking hold of me again so I am going to log off - methinks being away from the screen is a good idea at present.

Goodnight everyone - I hope you all have a long, deep sleep tonight Heart

Goodnight @Zoe7

Hope your headache eases for you xx

Nighty night @Zoe7. Hope you feel better soon

Goodnight @Zoe7 .... 💐🦋💕💤

Good Night @Zoe7  Wise Idea

Just hug with @Faith-and-Hope @oceangirl @utopia @CheerBear and I will follow suite.

Hello @Faith-and-Hope @CheerBear
@Zoe7. Yes they do feed off each other. That's why it must be so hard to manage. At least the vitamins you are taking should help somewhat.
I found out last week my chest pain is all psychsomatic. It's all to do with my anxiety. Not that I feel anxious. Or am aware I'm anxious.
Bosy and mind is so closely linked. I don't think the doctors have any idea just how much.

Goodnight everyone @Zoe7. Hope the headache passes quickly. ♥♥

I have had that before @utopia and have had all the cardiac testing ,.... 

Earlier this year I had a high anxiety set of circumstances in play, and this time is was a neurological response ..... so underwent MRI and what-have-you ..... 

Psychosomatic responses to the situational distress.

Its real, and frightening in the moment ..... but the tests have come back each time showing that my general health is very good for my age, so that is somewhat reassuring ,... 

I have to keep my lifestyle as self-nurture-filled as I can to try to counter-weigh the rest of it .... and practice relaxation techniques.

When it happens though, I'm not even aware I'm anxious or stressed. @Faith-and-Hope. I accept that it's psychosomatic. And that my heart is well. But how do I manage it when I'm not aware?

My symptoms showed up out of the blue a day or a few days later @utopia, after the high stress incident /s had passed and everything seemed back to “normal”. I am not sure what that means exactly but I suspect unresolved emotional pain and sadness send neurological undercurrents through the body which then surface almost randomly in physical symptoms.

My episodes earlier in the year were accompanied by raised blood pressure, so they kept me in hospital overnight, but once they realised what my home circumstances were the doctors decided against medications to control my blood pressure, because I have no history of blood pressure problems ..... the psychosomatic raising of my blood pressure was like I had had a sudden fright or something .... and you don’t get medicated for blood pressure responses to fear.  If you are constantly in such a state of anxiety, and I presume that may refer to someone with a high anxiety personality type, perhaps that is cause for being medicated.  I am not sure ....

Have you heard of “disenfranchised grief” ?  I think that is what I am struggling with as the neurological undercurrent, as well as hypervigilence during our down-rollercoaster weeks when I may have to raise shields, problem-solve rapidly in suddenly stressful circumstances, etc

Does that make sense to you ?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance