Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A new start (kind of)

indeed @Sam3 it's all just logistics really at this point

Nothing too intense. Sent of a few emails about volunteering etc. Have to contact the mental health charity I've worked for before.

Got some music in the background.

Tomorrow seeing an old student of mine.

So things are happening. Need to calm down and not burn out.

To use your metaphor - I put my foot on the pedal and took it off again.. just to get that extra bit of acceleration

That’s all good news @MDT 

I’m now harassed because my login to new job database didn’t accept my previously accepted & correctly typed password (which the saved login screen confirms is correct) & I’ve for a reset twice & it hasn’t appeared in my inbox/spam/trash. WHY OH WHY do these simple IT tasks become monsters?! 

Take is as easy as you can @MDT  I am definitely doing that today - nothing to organise for tomorrow so can really just turn up and attend the classes I am assigned to for the day. Will need to do some ironing later but apart from that nothing planned.

@Sam3 Murphy's Law. That's why lol. Technology does this. Same thing happened to me today so I had to ring the AEC lol.

Not working today @Zoe7 ? yeah I'm taking it easy. Updated my AEC details so hopefully can be picked for election stuff. Will have to wait and see. Need to send email about mental health charity - that's some money at least.

Going to looking into Digital Garage too which has some skills training modules through google. Really good little free product

It's a public holiday here in the south @MDT so no work today. Back tomorrow though then off on Wednesday. Tomorrow I will be with some new classes and a couple I have been in already so looking forward to it.  Not doing anything this afternoon apart from a little more housework but feeling very lethargic still so may even have another sleep. 

It sounds like you have a few things to get done today but nothing too taxing - so hoping it is a good afternoon for you buddy - take it easy and get a little of your energy back too - it is really tough when you feel burnt out so look after you Smiley Very Happy

It does @Zoe7
I'm only starting to appreciate that tbh.
Hope your arvo goes well

So often we push ourselves to the limit because that is what we think we should be doing but the reality is that finding that balance in our lives is more important @MDT  It is not being lazy or not fulfilling perceived expectations - it is self-care and that often means taking a step back from the daily grind and allowing ourselves to just be.

Well said @Zoe7

aww thanks @MDT  Smiley Very Happy

I need to get a lttle more housework done this afternoon just so I don't have as much to do in the next few days. I vacuumed yesterday and already Toby and Cat have left dried grass and hair everywhere - the joys of having fur babies hey Smiley Tongue

hi @Zoe7 how was your afternoon?

Hi also to @outlander @Shaz51 @TAB @oceangirl @Appleblossom
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance