Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

I've always hated dancing @eth @greenpea
I would walk and walk for like 6-8 hours then usually end up at the 24hr Kmart on the way home.

@Zoe7 Yes when you are manic you can dance to anything! and the only thing that keeps me from being manic is medication. 

I've been know to end up at that 24hour Kmart in the middle of the night when I can't sleep @The-red-centaur - we were probably there at the same time lol

I have always loved dancing, @Zoe7@eth@greenpea@The-red-centaur. Did ballet as a child. Danced so much at night clubs, mainly gay clubs, and bush raves. Disco in clubs earlier than that even (from when I was about 16). Sadly my legs won't carry me for dancing these days. C'est la vie. At least I had some good times back then. Smiley Happy

Since being diagnosed with schizoaffective a few days ago I'm still trying to learn what that means. It makes way more sense to me than the bpd did. Also I have no idea how to deal with mania. Like I was suicidal last week and now I'm so high I feel like I could literally fly into outer space and join the aliens in my head....

I would dance all night when I was out on the town @Mazarita @greenpea @The-red-centaur @eth - sometimes I would be the only one on the dance floor lol - but that didn't bother me - I seemed to be able to drag others along with me - how things change hey!

@The-red-centaur@Mazarita@Zoe7@eth yes I know all about walking .... it was walking and running I couldnt stop. I was out of control.

@The-red-centaur, was your previous diagnosis bipolar or bpd? Are the aliens hostile or friendly, just curious? I just had that big delusion I was a love goddess, really felt all my hypersexuality was a spiritual thing. But then it went bad. Mostly I've experienced the depressive end of the spectrum since I was a child.

@Zoe7, yeah me too with the dancing all night. Also wasn't too shy to get up first and often other people would follow. Didn't care whether they did or not really.

@greenpea, my dad was a huge walker in his older years. He'd walk all across Melbourne on all day expeditions, and find things on the streets, like pens, watches (gave me a great one once), occasional money, lighters etc. 

@eth, by the way, I totally agree we need to be able to talk about hypersexuality. It is a really common part of bipolar after all.

@The-red-centaur bp1 and schizoaffective here. The only thing me me are the meds .... if they are not right I am off with the fairies literally. I once had this hallucination (we are all adults here I hope ) where well let us say my voice gave me the best present I have ever had in my life. It was like sparkes and glitter taking over my body.

When I told my pdoc he looked at me sternly and upped the medication and therefore no more presents from voice 😞

@greenpea to answer your question about trouble - I've been taken to hospital by the police at least 5 times over the years.  And kept there involuntarily.  And had delusions about why and who was involved in calling them that meant I blamed people I was close to and lost years of having them in my life.  So hard to make amends for that.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance