Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Morning @Mazarita and thanks 😊 I am up and having a cuppa before the kids get up. How are you this morning? How did you get on yesterday (if you feel up to/can share)?

Good to see you, @CheerBear Woman Happy

Yesterday went okay. I was there for about an hour before I was seen, not too bad. Lucky I gave my feet a treatment and had a shower before going as he did do some examination of my legs and feet. Had a raft of blood tests after that. Next step is to have nerve conduction tests done, which will happen within about three months now.

Good to hear you weren't there for too long and that it went OK @Mazarita. I'm guessing there isn't a definite answer or treatment until you have tests and results? Waiting isn't the best but hopefully there's something helpful in it for you at the end.

How's today looking for you?

I've had the symptoms for over four years now, @CheerBear, another few months waiting doesn't seem too hard. I'm a bit apprehensive about the nerve conduction tests as they can apparently be painful, due to little electric shocks to test the nerves being part of it. Smiley Surprised

Today is looking okay. Surprisingly awake at the moment. May go to friend's place later. How about you?

Can understand the nerves with the nerve test (sorry had to go there) @Mazarita. Hugs.

Friend's house sounds good. I meet my new mental health worker this morning and say goodbye to my old one at the same time. We've been working together since the start of last year and she's been an awesomely helpful support so I'm a little sad about it. Mostly though I am really hoping my new worker will be able to help me with my NDIS stuff as that's what I need most from them at the moment. That's about it for today. I might work on my crochet dog a little later also.

Haha, yes I'll be very nervy on the day, @CheerBearSmiley Tongue

Great that you have an immediate replacement to your old support worker. Hugs for having to say goodbye to one you like so much. Hope the NDIS support is very forthcoming with the new person. I am still in occasional email contact with the support worker I finished with about a year ago. We got on very well and she helped me for about two years. Very glad the contact has been able to continue.

Crochet dog sounds groovy. Smiley Happy

That's awesome that you still have some contact with your old worker @Mazarita. Support workers that get you and work well with you can make a huge difference. My worker and I have had some ups and downs but we worked through them and she has been a bit of a go-to person when I've flipped out before. She has had a very calming influence and helped settle those big flip outs a few times. We've done lots of helpful stuff together that I'll keep with me long beyond our time.

Crochet dog will be a schnauzer with fur which is fun. He has only one leg at the moment and I want to fix that 😆

Breakfast and lunch making is calling so I better head off for a while. Nice to catch you here this morning and hope the rest of your morning goes well 💗

Thanks for another morning chat, @CheerBear. Always good to see you on first waking. Heart

Good morning everyone Smiley Happy

@Appleblossom, we've been chiselling our feet in the same week, lol. Is glycerine good to put on them afterwards? I haven't heard of that before. I used to go years without doing them, didn't really think much about my feet! But in recent years it's become something I really have to do more regularly (though, as with many self-care jobs, I don't get to it as often as I should).

@Sans911, good to see you around here lately.

@eth, hope we manage to connect up in real time sometime today. Hope your day has started well.

@Exoplanet, finally saw that sparkling ocean you posted yesterday. Gorgeous! Your image posts are great to see. Wonder if there'll be more netting done today, or if you'll take a bit of a break and instead get to some of the domestic jobs that seem to be getting demanding too.

@outlander@PeppiPatty@Teej@Faith-and-Hope and all, sending good wishes for today. 

Heart

Morning @Mazarita all the best for Friday. 

Hello @CheerBear @Appleblossom @Sans911 @eth

This has been a too busy week for me and I haven't been around as much. Nevertheless, it's always good to check in and say hi. Forum folk are so encouraging, just the fact that you're here and listening. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance