Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Bimby2
Senior Contributor

A let-down feeling

Had a setback this week as the psychiatrist I was to see in a few weeks

time won't now be able to see me for another 3 months. Be away on leave

and at conferences, apparently. Have other forum members experienced

situations such as this? One could go to another medico but I particularly 

wanted to see this doctor. I expect in this case, patience has to come to the

fore but waiting 6 months for a first appointment is stretching things somewhat.

Nothing I can really do to alter the status quo at this stage. Bimby2

2 REPLIES 2
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: A let-down feeling

No wonder you're feeling let down @Bimby2. I would be feeling exactly the same. As what to do I'm not sure. I think that if you feel good about this doctor it could be worth the wait but that is such a long time. You could try and keep this appointment but see if you can see another doctor in between unless you get anxious about this. This way you might connect with a new doctor and have a good experience and support in between. It's a hard call because a different doctor can make you feel worse too especially if you have anxiety. Just outlining the pros and cons. Good luck. I'm so sorry this happened to you, sometimes I don't know if doctors understand how it effects us when they mess us around.😊💜

Re: A let-down feeling

Hi @Bimby2,

Sorry you are feeling let down by this situation, it's understandable. If it was me and I felt I needed to get support sooner, I would find someone else to go to in the interim. This is what I did when the psychologist I wanted to see was not available for over three months at the end of last year. The 'replacement' psychologist helped me significantly in the sessions we had and then I was able to get to see my the original psychologist I was planning to see. Hopefully these thoughts might help you make your decision. In any case, I send kind wishes on things working out well for you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance