Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: SPRING-Clean Declutter - Need Help

Another "well done", and don't kick yourself about it. We're in the same position here, struggling to regain lost ground. It's been years since the house has been anything approaching ordered, but our daughter is still alive ("a bit of a miracle" according to the psychologist I see), and she knows we love her and are there for her. Our other offspring know that despite the pressure we're under, they're not forgotten, and have our love and support. My parents are in a safe place, and while clearing their house is a long, slow and frustrating job, we will get there somehow. In the end, the people that you've been there for and will continue to be there for are the really important thing.

@Determined was just saying to the family today that the best housekeeping tip I have is "...to pay someone else to do it". I have long realised there is no shame in admitting to my own weaknesses. I was so grateful that some family & friends helped with the final cleaning of FIL unit today. Even back home whilst we are keeping up with vacuuming, we are behind on other jobs. I would love to have a regular cleaner as the last one got too busy to come (Mr D may qualify for discounted help - should look into it properly).

IMG_20180726_232105.png

C A L L I N G   A L L

D E C L U T T E R E R S !!!

H E L P.  N E E D E D !

YIKES!!! Looks like the real thing this time, a buyer for my house up north. Signed contract today - so hope they don't pull out. Real Estate Agent knows buyers andcthinks its in the bag. Subject to finance, pest & building of cause.  I'm VERY anxious about it actually - but also know it has to be.  Probably hit me when i go to clear my girls room. But seem to need this time pressure - a deadline - a purpose... to get anything done. Told my son tonight who is OK about it - though worried how I'm gonna empty out my stuff I couldn't get on top of for years. Might need to solicit EVERYONE'S help here on this thread - some of you have become eggspirts lollol

¶Zoe7 said "That is great news @ Lapses - fingers crossed it all works out for you. Cleaning out a house is hard work so feel for you there.

¶F&H said "That is good news @Former-Member, and good that your son has accepted the decision. You have been doing such a fab job of decluttering at your Dad’s.  That might help you to be able to organise what you will do with your own house now. Is there room st your Dad’s house to store you furniture and household goods ?"

¶Soul said "Woo hoo @Former-Member. You probably have some mixed feelings about it though. I miss my home. It was sold because of my divorce. It was the only one my kids had known at that stage of their lives. I guess home is wherever you feel comfortable. Time to do some serious decluttering now I suppose. All the best"

😞

Hold onto the horse reins @Former-Member  it could be a rough going but we will support you through this.  

1bd681ba34f71c1bca0ed058bcbb55b8--moving-humor-packers-and-movers.jpg

One STeP at a time @Former-Member, we are with you xx xxxxx 

I just hope I don't have a meltdown and crack up into acmajor depressive episode, dissociating, lost. Not sure I'll come back from that. I've already dropped hints to 4 'friends' that I'd appreciate an afternoon of their time in the next couple months if they can. 😞 not of them jumped at the idea or said "of cause - anythingbi can do to help hah')", na, felt like I simply shouldn't have asked. Just feel so alone, and so tired. :),

Hearing you @Former-Member .....

Hopefully they are just taking note that you would like a hand and will now wait to hear when .....

Hugs Hon.  It’s hard when there’s no reply and you don’t know what they’re thinking.

💐💕

Thanks Faith-and-hope, maybe they need to check with their husbands. Thought I could
(1) hire a skip
(2) book the Vinnies truck
(3) get boxes & packing
(4) removalist
(5) storage ?
Unfortunately can't afford to buy again (only 150k after paying off mortgage, solicitor & real estate. What does one do with all that money? Wish I could afford a roof but millions of ppl rent. God knows where, don't belong anywhere after this
So tired!

Hugs @Former-Member

Hope you can find some help to sort it all out.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance